2016 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Odyssey:

2016 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jun 222016

At the time of the accident (06/22/2016), I had only owned this 2016 Honda Odyssey for a month (didn't even have plates on it yet). I dropped off a passenger at the front of the diner and drove slowly East through the parking lot. The lot is narrow, crowded, and busy, which is why I did not have my foot on the accelerator at any time. Instead, my foot was on the brake regulating a very slow, creeping speed. I decided to park in a stall that faced West which meant I needed to make a moderately wide, hard, right U-turn. There are short security poles at the head of these stalls to protect diners inside. The vehicle was about 150 into the turn, about five feet away from the pole when it suddenly surged and accelerated on its own. I was confused because I was very aware that my foot was on the brake pedal. I stepped down on it, but it was too late. The van surged into the rest of the turn and slammed into the parking pole leaving a deep dent in the front bumper. Because I felt unsafe driving it, it was towed to the dealership's service center. The next day, after checking the car's computer, Honda found no fault codes so could offer no reassurances that this would not happen again. I submitted the repair of the bumper to my insurance company so that there is record of this event.

- Honolulu, HI, USA