2004 Honda Pilot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jan 312011

Pilot 6-cyl

Went to dealer and they said vehicle has bad engine mounts, and need to be replaced. Note that we also have a 2003 Acura MDX, and the dealer also told us that some engine mounts needs replacement. We checked some blogs for Acura MDX and Honda Pilot owners, and found a lot of owners with same issues. Some are being replaced every two years. We owned a V6 Toyota for 15 years, never had this issue. We hope NHTSA will check this, because it is a known issue to owners and Acura/Honda will never admit. I'm sure if NHTSA will get repair records for this "engine mount" issues, it will be a lot. From what I read, this affects drive shafts due to excessive movement of the engine.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Apr 062009

Pilot 6-cyl

Rumble strip noise at 35 to 40 mile per hour. Taken it to dealer several times. Tech has heard it. Tried to tell me it was windshield molding. Will not do anything about this problem. I have 2 Honda, they will be my last purchase from Honda.

- Rushford, MN, USA

Oct 152009

The paint started peeling about a year and a half ago (Oct, '09) on the right passenger door of my 2004 midnight blue pearl Honda Pilot, at first in such a small area I considered its cause to be the occasional 'flying rock ding'. then it stated peeling on the right rear fender approximately a year ago, and I began to take more notice. About three months ago it started peeling off in large sheets on multiple areas on the car (two passenger doors, rear fender, tailgate). I contacted american Honda, and although the local agent admitted that there was a problem with the midnight blue pearl paint mixture used on the 2004 Odyssey (and hence, the extended warranty on that color paint on the Odyssey), there was "no bulletin" on the Honda Pilot and therefore, nothing would be done.

- Ramona, CA, USA

Aug 232010

Front engine mount found damaged and recommended replacement at $450 by Honda service. Driven 91K miles, and seems like a lot of others are reporting same issue at same mileage.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Jun 012010

Front and side motor mounts on 2004 Honda Pilot need replacement after only 89K miles of city driving.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 102007

The noise in our car has progressive gotten worse and then we started having electrical issues with our locks and lights in our car. We finally found out that the door sensor on the driver side door was no longer being "turn-off" as it should be. This is apparently because the door is slowing separating from the car. Not noticeable from the outside. The worse symptom is when making right turns the doors would automatically unlock. This seemed pretty scary thinking the doors might open.

- Brooklyn, WI, USA

Dec 052008

My 2004 Honda Pilot floorboards are soaked when I took it to johnson city Honda they said they have never seen it before and that was the first of January then I looked at an auto club that had a forum about leaks in Honda Pilot there where four different places they had found leaks and after having them fixed still had soaked floor boards I have a daughter she is fourteen months who rides in this vehicle and right after I found the leak she got sick for the first time since she was born and has been sick three times since December and so has my wife and I got sick for the first time last year I had a bacteria infection and bronchitis and I got sick again two days ago after driving it so now its just sitting in the driveway my wife and I alternate driving the 1996 Honda Accord the whole reason we bought the Pilot was because we where planning on starting a family and wanted our daughter to be safe everytime it rains the floor boards get more wet the people on the forum had a Honda Pilot service bulletin that stated Honda has known about this problem for a long time in the A-pillar but have found several other ones I am so irritated that I ran out in two inches of snow to get my registration at ten O clock at night please help me!

- Greeneville, TN, USA

Oct 012007

Every time it rains even if car is not moved, it leaks to floorboards of drivers side and passenger side. Honda Pilot is free from any wrecks or damage.

- Jensen Bch , FL, USA

Jun 012008

Water leaking into front driver and passenger floor.

- Watertown, NY, USA

Oct 012004

Pilot 6-cyl

Steering wheel shake. Bounces in hand. Cabin noise/vibration.

- Maumee, OH, USA

Mar 312004

Wind buffeting, severe at speeds greater than 35 mph with rear windows down.

- San Diego, CA, USA