- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 11 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 16 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 19 days ago
- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 41 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 45 days ago
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems55NHTSA complaints: 42
- engine problems14NHTSA complaints: 117
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 180
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 89
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 126
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 42
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 25
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 6
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.