- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 57 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 57 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 83 days ago
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems60NHTSA complaints: 42
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 118
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 187
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 109
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 126
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 25
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.