- November 28: Honda Accord Side Curtain Airbag Lawsuit Granted Final Approval
- November 24: Did Honda Intentionally Conceal 1,729 Injuries and Deaths?
- November 19: Hien Tran's Death Caused By Exploding Honda Accord Air Bag
- November 15: Honda and Takata Sued Over Exploding Air Bags
- November 14: Takata Exploding Air Bags Target of U.S. Criminal Investigation
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems30NHTSA complaints: 42
- cooling system problems16NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 101
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 67
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 152
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 26
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 37
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 17
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 98
- lights problemsNHTSA: 18
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.