- April 10: Exploding Takata Airbags Inflict Injuries to Honda Drivers
- March 18: Honda Recalls Accord, Civic and Pilot To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators
- March 9: Honda Recalls Accord and CR-V to Replace Engine Short Blocks
- February 8: Honda Accord Owner Carlos Solis Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems33NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems18NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems5
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- exhaust system problems1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.