- August 28: Honda Accord Airbag Failures Under Federal Investigation
- August 22: Honda HR-V Recalled For Missing Labels
- August 16: Honda CR-V Engine Vibration Problems Cause Lawsuit
- July 19: Honda Finance Corp Fined $25 Million For Auto Loan Discrimination
- July 16: Honda Recalls 2016 Pilot To Fix Seat Belt Problems
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems35NHTSA complaints: 42
- cooling system problems19NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 107
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 166
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 81
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 106
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- lights problemsNHTSA: 20
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.