- October 12: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Issues Continue in Court
- October 11: No Recall For 2013 Honda Accord Electric Power Steering Problems
- October 6: Honda Recalls Accord Hybrid For Stalling Threat
- October 3: Honda Recalls Cars With Wheels That Lock Up
- September 17: Takata Airbag Recall List Expanded
2005 Honda Pilot
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.
Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.
Worst 2005 Pilot Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems36NHTSA complaints: 42
- cooling system problems19NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 107
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 166
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 81
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 39
- interior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 106
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 24
- lights problemsNHTSA: 20
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Pilot Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pilot compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Pilot overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pilot.