2004 Honda Pilot lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 042008

In May 2007, U-haul of kingston, NY installed a trailer hitch on my 2004 Honda Pilot. On April 4,2008, my turning signals stopped working and I smelled a burning electrical smell. I scheduled a service appointment with my local Honda dealer for April 8, 2008. I stopped using the vehicle. The car alarm began to go off intermittently, without provocation. When we tried to start the car to bring it to the service appt., it would not start. It was towed to the dealership. The service tech's localized the smell to the rear of the car and began investigating the trailer hitch installation. The "high energy 3 to 2 taillight converter" had overloaded and the casing around the unit had melted through.

- Germantown, NY, USA