9.3

1. replace window regulator (3 reports)
2004 Honda Pilot windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Mar 152013

Pilot EX V6

All four regulators have been changed. They kept breaking, usually at the most inconvenient time. The one reported here is the third of four windows requiring replacement. That is four of four.

- , Woodbury, NJ, USA

Aug 302011

Pilot LX 3.2L V6

I took my 2004 Pilot to Tempe Honda for a lube. I stayed in the waiting room until it was done. When the lot guy brought the vehicle around, the service tech said the passenger side rear side window was down and the regulator had likely broken. I rarely, if ever use the rear window. He said when they removed the lock box, the window fell and would not return. He said this is a common problem with Pilots but, unless I had an extended warranty with such coverage, it would cost me in excess of $250 to repair. He said, the "good news" is they had the part in stock if I had another two hours to wait!!! I contend that if they had not lowered my window to put on a lock box, which was not needed since I was in the Tempe Honda dealer waiting room, my window would still be up here in this 112++ degree weather. Perhaps it would have broken sometime later, but this was on the dealer's lot and caused by their unauthorized use of my window control. Upon returning home, I removed the door panel, raised the window manually and taped it on all sides so it will not fall. It will be a cold freezing day in Phoenix in August before I pay Honda to do this repair or do any other service or buy another Honda or Acura. I sadly currently own two Hondas.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 032011

Pilot 3.5L

This is the fourth of my documented window regulator failures. We think the drivers window failed before but do not have documentation.. Now all four window regulators have failed.

We need more documentations of this type of failure to force a recall, credit or class action.

10/15/08 @43,969 miles right rear window regulator went out $274.23 out of pocket to fix 7/18/09 @ 50,303 miles left rear window regulator went out. $276.59 out of pocket to fix. 4/20/10 @ 59,804 miles Passenger window regulator went out. $395.76 out of pocket to fix. 4/3/11 @ 71,351 miles Driver window regulator went out. Estimated $450 out of pocket to fix.

Higher estimate for driver's side due to all of the electronics in door panel.

At a total cost of $1,396.58 in window regulator repairs on a 7 year old car, with only 71,531 miles this is outrageous. With an original purchase price of $30,870, I have had to spend 4.52% of the purchase price of the vehicle just to keep the windows working. This part should have never failed in the first place.

My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle. She is usually alone. the passenger and rear windows are seldom used. There is no way to abuse these window regulators. This is clearly a manufacturing defect. See the similar 9 complaints for the 2006 Honda Pilot.

- , Mesa, AZ, USA