2006 Honda Pilot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Pilot:

2006 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jul 012012

Noticed clear coat non existent on most of vehicle. Vehicle is white and you can wipe your hand over most any area (wet or dry) and you will have white paint on your hand.

- Shallotte, NC, USA

Oct 172012

Pilot 6-cyl

Paint is shot on hood, clear coat is defective.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Mar 292012

Pilot 6-cyl

Wet floors in footwell area. Common problems on many years of Pilot/ridgeline vehicles. Honda refuses to address this issue under factory bumper-bumper warranty and hondacare extended warranty, yet Honda is aware and issued a tsb surrounding footwell leaks.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Apr 192007

Pilot 4WD

The new '2006 Honda Pilot had less than 8000 miles on it, and water was somehow getting into the vehicle from the roof and underneath the car, and was soaking the front carpets. I would have never noticed it if I had not decided to vacuum the carpets. During the winter months I noticed a dark substance underneath the seats, and now I realized it was water turned to ice. I realized whenever it rained water got into the vehicle, and remained for a few weeks unless one took out the mats. I visited the I above internet site and noticed I am not alone. I have searched far and wide and could not find this Pilot wet carpet issue to be either a recall or a service bulletin which did not make any sense to me. Was Honda trying to keep this a secret? as of 05/08/2007 the Pilot was still at a Honda dealership being fixed. They reported to me that they were having trouble patching up all the leaks. A copy of my first of many invoices to come was enclosed. We performed bulletin 07-010. Rechecked for leaks. Water still coming in vehicle. Water coming in by firewall we removed blower motor assembly, removed both front inner fender walls, and found water coming in from pillars on roof near windshield. We sealed the body seam. Water tested again. And it was not leaking anymore. I guess it's still leaking because I am still driving a loaner car.

- Waltham, MA, USA