1.9

2006 Honda Pilot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Pilot:

2006 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 222013

Pilot 6-cyl

Overheats when driving less than 30 miles. I changed the radiator and the thermostat. Now, the Honda stopped working on the highway in the middle of the night. Repair man said that the head gasket needs to be replaced for $5,000!!! Honda needs a recall! I googled the problem and other consumers are having the same issue!!

- Meriden, CT, USA

Jul 312012

Pilot

Hello, I have a Honda Pilot 06 I am just going to a bad rap now my car engine had a miss fire on cylinder 2 and 5 and on top of all that my piston is blown but I had a warranty $100000 what are the odds the expire because my engine just hit 100331 they would not honor it they saying it cause by the spark plug for real there something on this engine there are not telling us I made so much research that I was maze with the complain I saw and this is why I am responding to you, and now I have no car and I can not afford a engine right now I am taking them to a small claims and BBB and anything that I can out them out there for selling a car that there is a problem with the engine but there are not admitting to it I need support on this so I can have a legit case.

- Manchester, CT, USA

Jul 162013

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the engine block was fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was confirmed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable. Updated 9/4/13 the engine block was cracked. However it was replaced at a cost of $ 2,400. The engine cracked also affected the catalytic converter. The engine light illuminated, and a diagnosis revealed the spark plugs were damaged. The consumer paid $500 for a tune-up and replacement of the plugs and hoses. After the vehicle was serviced, it began to overheat. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer, where they added coolant.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jan 012012

Pilot

Engine light started coming on even though vehicle was running ok. Stopped and had a diagnostic check done. It said that all 6 cylinders were misfiring. The light stayed on for 2-3 days then went off. The auto drove fine the whole time. This has been happening off and on ever since. I keep having it checked and same thing... all 6 cylinders misfiring.

- Shallotte, NC, USA

Apr 202013

Pilot

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that while traveling approximately 70 mph, the vehicle began to lose acceleration power. The vehicle was able to be driven with extreme caution to the contact's residence and was later taken to a private mechanic, where it was determined that cylinders 1-6 were misfiring. The contact was also advised that there was a computer failure. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 105,000.

- San Matto, CA, USA

Jun 162012

Pilot

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Pilot. While parked, the check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician advised the contact that the head gasket and the radiator would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 84,860.

- Aliquippa, PA, USA

May 242012

Pilot

2006 Honda, LX, 2wd Pilot was making a slow turn in intersection and sudden acceleration was noted. Felt like cruise control had been turned on but had not been turned on. Acceleration was stopped using the brake. 2 similar instances in the past 6 months.

- Austin, TX, USA