2008 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Pilot:

2008 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

May 242014

Pilot 6-cyl

Went to a burger place to grab a bite after driving about 5.5 total miles, pulled into a parking slot without incident but upon return, I put the vehicle in reverse, and as I started to very slowly pull out in the crowded lot, there was this very loud screeching sound, like the hand brake was engaged. I stopped and tried again, listening more intently now, the sound persisted. At that time someone ran up to me and said I should disengage the emergency brake, but it wasn't on. I then engaged the emergency brake and released same for effect, but that did not help. I turned off the vehicle, removed the key, and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then tried again, but no good. From my parked position now, I tried going backwards, and discovered the sound had "stopped", except that when I moved forward, it was ever so loud. At this writing, not sure what the problem is, we've had the vehicle for about a year with no issues until now.

- Springfield, VA, USA

May 262010

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Pilot. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph when the brake pedal was engaged followed by a brief delayed response. The failure was recurring in rainy weather. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the technician was unable to duplicate the problem. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000. Updated 03/05/14 the consumer stated the vehicle suddenly accelerated on its own. Updated 03/11/14

- Alameda, CA, USA