2009 Honda Pilot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Pilot:

2009 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 112016

Excessive oil consumption. 170K miles on this vehicle. Noticed approximately 30K miles ago that I needed to add oil between oil changes, which I always get every 3500-4000 miles. Usually takes less than 1 quart. Most recently, took 2+ quarts. Honda advises this is not unusual and no repair is necessary - just continue to add oil as needed. Seems absurd.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Oct 092015

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission cooler piece fractured internally, which caused the transmission fluid to leak into the radiator without warning. The dealer replaced the radiator and repaired the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000. Updated 12/01/15

- Olney, MD, USA

Apr 072014

Pilot 6-cyl

Torque converter shudder or vibration between 35-40 mph.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jul 252013

When to dealer's shop last week and was told that the compliance bushing was leaking and torn. I research the internet and noted that it is common problem for this vehicle. I'm paying a steep money to fix this problem. Is there any investigation going on for this problem?

- Coolidge, AZ, USA

May 092013

Pulled 2009 Pilot into my slopping driveway I put the car into park and engine running. Noting rear camera was disengaged. My husbad and infant in his arms were 5 feet away from the rear SUV. Once the reverse light came off he went walked behind the to front of passenger door. I opened the door of the car and spoke to my husband who was standing infront of driver side door. I opened driver side door and we spoke briefly while door was open and car inpar engine on. I leaned into the center console to grab coffe and I felt the car rolling backwards down the driveway and into the road causing me to be trapped between door and the driver side frame. It dragged me into the street. I held on to the steering fearing I was going to be run over. The driver side door got caught on the a metal fence slowing the car down where I could finally stand up and rip keys out while engine still engaged running.

- Brrighton, MA, USA