2009 Honda Pilot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Pilot:

2009 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Pilot

Excessive oil consumption. Started back in beginning of August 2016. Just checking oil and found that there was very little in there. So added 3 quarts. I remembered that we just recently had the car in for service too. Anyway, I checked it again two weeks later and had to add another quart. This occurred over and over again the next couple months. Now we brought it in to the dealer we bought the car from. Now they have been very good to us over the years, but told us that they don't know why this is burning oil. I looked up on line and found a class action settlement. I thought great I am covered! lawsuit mentions my exact car too! well when I called they said I was not! I have no idea why I am not covered! same problem, same year, make, model, engine, everything! I am lost at how this can happen.

- Medford, MA, USA

Apr 112016

Pilot

Excessive oil consumption. 170K miles on this vehicle. Noticed approximately 30K miles ago that I needed to add oil between oil changes, which I always get every 3500-4000 miles. Usually takes less than 1 quart. Most recently, took 2+ quarts. Honda advises this is not unusual and no repair is necessary - just continue to add oil as needed. Seems absurd.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Oct 092015

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the transmission cooler piece fractured internally, which caused the transmission fluid to leak into the radiator without warning. The dealer replaced the radiator and repaired the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000. Updated 12/01/15

- Olney, MD, USA

Apr 072014

Pilot 6-cyl

Torque converter shudder or vibration between 35-40 mph.

- Wesley Chapel, FL, USA

Jul 252013

Pilot

When to dealer's shop last week and was told that the compliance bushing was leaking and torn. I research the internet and noted that it is common problem for this vehicle. I'm paying a steep money to fix this problem. Is there any investigation going on for this problem?

- Coolidge, AZ, USA

May 092013

Pilot

Pulled 2009 Pilot into my slopping driveway I put the car into park and engine running. Noting rear camera was disengaged. My husbad and infant in his arms were 5 feet away from the rear SUV. Once the reverse light came off he went walked behind the to front of passenger door. I opened the door of the car and spoke to my husband who was standing infront of driver side door. I opened driver side door and we spoke briefly while door was open and car inpar engine on. I leaned into the center console to grab coffe and I felt the car rolling backwards down the driveway and into the road causing me to be trapped between door and the driver side frame. It dragged me into the street. I held on to the steering fearing I was going to be run over. The driver side door got caught on the a metal fence slowing the car down where I could finally stand up and rip keys out while engine still engaged running.

- Brrighton, MA, USA