2009 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Pilot:

2009 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jan 082014

I was driving and a car went around me on the road. It had just started freezing rain, and when she went around me she lost control of her car and hit the concrete wall on the right side of roadway, and I was on left lane, going about 40 mph and once she hit the wall it slung her right in front of me and I T-boned her. She was sent to hospital in ambulance, and my daughter and I went to hospital with my husband. Her car was totaled and mine had about $6K in damage mostly to front. My seat belt did not work and it showed my airbags went off which they did not.when I took my car in to get it fixed they informed me my airbags should have deployed, and it was not safe to drive my car, B/C they had malfunctioned and could go off at any time. I had my car fixed and a few days later I got a recall notice in mail about my airbags. Noted that my car is 5 years old, why am I just getting a notice after I had a wreck and they did not work.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA