3.3

2010 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Pilot:

2010 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 152015

Pilot

I took my vehicle to all star Honda in milwaukee wi when I received a letter of recall for bushings. I explained I had been having multiple other issues that I had not had time to be without my car to leave it for repair. The service agent explained spark plugs were recalled which would resolve the sluggish take off I reported. She also said the transmission switch I had replaced was in need of an update which would further cure my problems. Finally they were to check the bushings due to recall. She assured me the recalls would cure all but the radio issue I had but they would check that out while they had my vehicle. They found nothing but the bushings. I filed complaint with Honda Corp that dealer wont uphold recalls as they dont get error codes. They told Corp rep they had my car several days which is a lie. They had it about 4 hours from when they opened until I picked up. Corp rep said nothing else we can do. Meantime, I have no brakes on cold winter days and my car puts along getting on the freeway until it jerks, RPM's drop and then I zoom up to speed quickly. I would have to check receipts for exact date I was at dealer & filed complaints.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

May 212015

Pilot

2012 complained of steering wheel vibration excessive when breaking at hwy speed while under warranty. Dealer cut front rotors and replaced brakes. Brought car to dealer this week with same problem. They called to say the compliance bushings/lower control arms were bad. They replaced them, cut all 4 brake rotors and replaced brakes. There is a new part with new part # for compliance bushings. Asked for a zone rep to see. Dealer said no. Contacted jeff at Honda America who is a regional case mgr. People at the dealership told to me that this is a common with Pilot. Please look into this why would Honda pay to retool a part if it was no problem with the original!

- Springfield, NJ, USA

Dec 012013

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the brake pedal became stuck to the floorboard when depressed. The contact had to pump the brakes in order to stop the vehicle. The failure was recurring. The dealer was contacted and advised the contact that the failure only occurred in colder weather, in addition to the brake valve booster needing to be replaced because it was previously installed improperly. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 80,000.

- Brooklyn Center, MN, USA

Jun 232012

Pilot 6-cyl

Significant steering wheel vibration when applying the brakes while going downhill on highway 160 in Colorado. Took the vehicle to Honda dealer who replaced left front brake rotor and re-surfaced right front brake rotor. Approximately one year later on 6/14/2013, I experienced the same problem again; the car had approximately 33,000 miles at this time. The Honda dealer recommended another front rotor resurface, but he wanted to charge me for it. Clearly this vehicle has a brake issue; I've never had a problem like this with any other vehicle. Front brake rotors should not require resurfacing or replacement every 10,000 miles.

- Arvada, CO, USA