2010 Honda Pilot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Pilot:

2010 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 152015

I took my vehicle to all star Honda in milwaukee wi when I received a letter of recall for bushings. I explained I had been having multiple other issues that I had not had time to be without my car to leave it for repair. The service agent explained spark plugs were recalled which would resolve the sluggish take off I reported. She also said the transmission switch I had replaced was in need of an update which would further cure my problems. Finally they were to check the bushings due to recall. She assured me the recalls would cure all but the radio issue I had but they would check that out while they had my vehicle. They found nothing but the bushings. I filed complaint with Honda Corp that dealer wont uphold recalls as they dont get error codes. They told Corp rep they had my car several days which is a lie. They had it about 4 hours from when they opened until I picked up. Corp rep said nothing else we can do. Meantime, I have no brakes on cold winter days and my car puts along getting on the freeway until it jerks, RPM's drop and then I zoom up to speed quickly. I would have to check receipts for exact date I was at dealer & filed complaints.

- Greenfield, WI, USA

Dec 192015

Electrical short in driver's side outside power mirror. When adjusted in, a short blows fuse #36 (10A). It also looses power heater, defoggers (front and rear). 63,000 miles.

- Locust Grove, VA, USA

Jan 012010

Since the day we bought the car the door locks (especially the driver side) squeal upon locking and unlocking. Upon regular maintenance we brought to the attention of service and the door locks were replaced. The problem continued. Issue was mentioned again to service and we were under the impression the door locks were replaced again (however, they were not - parts were ordered, but not installed). The issue has now moved beyond squealing as the driver door occasionally fails to unlock upon turning off ignition. (the driver door is supposed to unlock automatically, but now fails). We feel this has changed from being simply annoying to a safety issue. If there were an accident the driver door may fail to unlock and the driver could possibly be trapped. However, because we are 3,000 miles past our warranty Honda will not replace door locks again (even though this has been an ongoing issue since day of purchase). They have offered to pay for half however, we were told it would not fix the problem as Honda has not changed the door lock mechanism and fix would most likely be temporary. We were also informed that this is a very common problem. Seeing how it is common a possibly a safety issue, we believe Honda should not only replace the defective parts, but should redesign the locking mechanism so the issue will be solved.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

May 132011

Pilot 6-cyl

I have had multiple problems with the vehicle cranking / starting. It is an intermittent problem, but is very frustrating and I am concerned that it could lead to larger problems. The vehicle is 1 year old with 11,000 miles on it and should not be having these problems. My wife and I have been experiencing the starting problems since the 1st month of ownership (new). It has been in for service 4 times (3 times to the dealership where I purchased it and once to another dealership). One dealer has updated the software and made another timing update, but neither dealer has been able to fix the problem.

- Towson, MD, USA

May 112010

2010 Honda Pilot touring hit a bump in the road and the ABS and vsa sensor wires were severed causing both features to be disabled. The sensor wire goes from the middle of the undercarriage to each rear wheel and is totally unprotected. Also, the sensor and wire are one piece and should have a connector rather than one piece so it could be repaired. Additionally, the wire should be encased in a wire conduit (the flexible wire conduit that could be purchased from a parts store.) this would add some level of protection. And a mere tree branch in the road can sever the cables. The manual suggests that the illuminated warning lights, if ignored, can cause injury or death. I was in a long tunnel and could not even pull over. After researching on line, this is a common problem with this flaw. The dealership claims the vehicle can still be driven without these two features functioning. I feel this is dangerous.

- North Attleboro, MA, USA