2010 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Pilot:

2010 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 262016

Pilot

I have called the walnut creek Honda service center twice to schedule a safety recall for my vehicle (the last time was 8/26/16). They have not returned my phone call and have not been diligent in getting this recall taken care of. I would like someone to help me get this resolved. I don't want my passengers hurt in case of an accident.

- Oakley, CA, USA

May 292016

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Pilot

I have contacted the dealer rick case Honda in davie fl. Several times since early July to schedule my vehicle for the recall repair. Since then they have not repaired my vehicle. It has been over 60 days. I have had this problem with other recalls as well. I want my vehicle fixed.I will contact an attorney soon if not remedied.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Sep 292016

Pilot

Contacted regarding recall of passenger side airbag in July 2016. Called local dealer in frisco Texas. Was put on a waiting list and for as told we would be notifed when part was available. We have called every 2 weeks since the end of July and have been told the same thing.: the part is back ordered and should be available in 2 weeks. We have still not had the part replaced and have not heard from the local dealership. It has been over 90 days

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jul 212016

Pilot

Takata recall: Recall paperwork received July 2016. Phoned Honda service on 7/21/16 to inquire about parts. It has been over 60 days.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Jul 122016

Pilot

Takata recall. Dealership not responsive.60+days. Live in Florida an area of high absolute humidity.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 232016

Pilot

Takata recall I have received notice of the recall. Called my dealership in June, they told me they would order airbags. I am still waiting for the airbags to be replaced. I wrote american Honda asking for a rental car because I have children in my car for carpool to/from school and have been told no that "Honda is not prepared to do that". but I am still waiting for the airbags. It has been 3 months; that is much too long.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Pilot

Takata recall Honda informed us in July that our passenger side airbag is defected and when we called to get it repaired we were informed they were on back order and would call us when they come in. As of August 31st, we still have not heard from Honda. We have been having to drive 2 cars around while we are in town as we can't get our whole family to fit given there are 2 kids in car seats still. We only requested alternate transportation for our road trip labor day weekend as it's a family trip and we can't use the 3rd row seat of our Pilot given we have to put our suit cases in the back. Lisa (phone number 909-664-9269) from american Honda claim rep was extremely rude twisting my words around and making the situation completely worse when it did not have to be. She said that Honda will not provide us alternate transportation and therefore we will have to use all the seats in our car which is unsafe in order to fit our 2 suitcases and our family. I will say that the Honda automobile customer service reps that answered the initial call were extremely nice and helpful (I only got one name and that was virgina). However once our claim got moved up to the claim reps is when I didn't receive any respect or understanding of our situation and forcing us to be in an unsafe situation.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 232016

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Greenacres, FL, USA

Aug 292016

Pilot

Traveling to va beach with family of 6. talked to lisa a case manager. She told me that Pilot is designed for a 8 passenger. And I am not qualified. Asked where I will put the luggage and the golf clubs. This is the purpose of the trip. She said. Even if am qualified, the rental I will get is a compact car. This sound like a crap to me. The reason I got a Pilot is to travel comfortably with my family and like the smooth ride.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 072016

Pilot

Takata airbag. Honda sent me a letter stating I should not allow a passenger in the front passenger seat, but this is the exact reason I bought a Pilot. It is large, and safe as I take my 82 year old mother everywhere, and I wanted her safe. Now, I am supposed to put her in the back seat with my boyfriend's grandkids, and she will have no airbag if something goes wrong" I was told by my dealer that Honda had a million dollars for rentals, and now that is exhausted. How is that my issue? I paid for a safe car to drive my mom around, and now I have none! I need a rental car until this issue can be fixed. How are takata airbags still being put into new vehicles? I need Honda to respond. To date, my 3 calls to their talking heads at 888 234 2138 have not been answered. I want a guarantee that my driver airbag is safe, and I want to know if the passenger airbag goes off with no one in the passenger seat, am I guaranteed none of the debris will hit me" I know airbags are not supposed to go off if no one is sitting there, but they are supposed to kill people with shrapnel either. Please help

- Orangevale, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Pilot

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Daytona, FL, USA

Jul 152016

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Aug 042016

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Apollo Beach, FL, USA

Jul 202016

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Piedmont, CA, USA

Pilot

Received recall info and not to use passenger seat. Was told I would hear from case manager regarding loaner/rental car in 2-3 days. 5 days later, 3 phone calls and nothing. Leaving on trip in am with no option but to use front seat. Honda helpline is a fraud. Dealership said they aren't authorized to give loaner cars and it was illegal to disable the faulty airbag.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Pilot

Takata air bag recall. Notified on 18 July 2016. Told to avoid having passenger in the front seat. Local Honda dealer said no parts to repair are available. They have been told to say, expect 2 weeks to 2 months (or more) until parts are available. I called Honda automobile customer service, and they seemed aggravated by my call, told me parts are not yet available, and I need to expect at least two weeks - up to 2 or more months - before parts are available and they will inform me in writing when to bring my automobile in for repair. This is unacceptable to have limited use of my automobile. It is very poor customer support to to be unable to fix a dangerous situation.

- Niceville, FL, USA

Pilot

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jul 072016

Pilot

The contact owned a 2010 Honda Pilot. While driving approximately 20 mph, the air bags deployed unexpectedly. As a result, the contact crashed into a concrete block divider. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard and deemed destroyed by the insurance company. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Camden, NJ, USA