2011 Honda Pilot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Pilot:

2011 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Sep 282015

Engine hesitation when coming off a stop. Very sporadic, but seems to happen more often coming through a slow turn from a stop.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

Sep 042015

While slowing to yield onto a highway I was behind another vehicle which was stopped to the oncoming traffic. As I slowed to a stop, the Pilot quickly accelerated to 5000 RPM while I'm pushing the brake to the floor and came within inches on crashing into the rear of the vehicle in front of me. I was able to get the vehicle in to park. It then dropped down on its own to normal idle. This is a 2011 Honda Pilot touring with 29,800 miles.

- Union Bridge, MD, USA

Jun 092015

Stop on signal and green light is on. When I released the break, suddenly unintended accelerate and hit the front car.

- Walnut, CA, USA

Mar 262013

Pilot 6-cyl

Today Tuesday March 26th 2013 I was in brooklyn, NY off mrtle ave. On a residential one way street. Pulled up to a large open parking spot with cars in front and back of the spot. The spot was large enough for 2 cars. As I pulled into the spot and progressed slowly forward with my foot on the brake, the car rengine began to rev quickly and jolted forward hitting the parked car in front of me. This is the second time I have felt the car engine rev on it's own with my foot off the gas and jumping forward. First time was while slowing down to a stop sign and the car jumped forward and accelerated on it's own but with no accident. I dismissed it not sure why it happened. This time of course I felt the same symptom with foot on brake the car jolted forward and engine revved on it's own but hitting the car in front of me. I hope Honda fixes this issue. I am very afraid this could happen around other people and accidentally hits someone when the car does this on it's own.

- Port Jefferson Station, NY, USA