2011 Honda Pilot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Pilot:

2011 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 152011

Pilot 6-cyl

Shortly after purchasing the 2011 Honda Pilot my wife complained of eyes and throat irritation when traveling in the car for a half hour or longer. There is no odor. I did not seem to be sensitive to these symptoms at this time. We took it to the dealer to be checked and they found no leaks, engine/heater/air conditioning. Problem continued year round with both the heater in operation and/or the air conditioning. Over the months and years my wife continued to complain and subsequent visits to the dealer resulted in checks for leaks (none found) and replacements of cabin filter but no results. My wife continued to tolerate by turning of vents and opening her window over the past few months the problem has markedly worsened and it bothers me now as well as my four grand children who are frequent passengers. Eyes, nose, throat and lips feel a burning sensation plus headaches. Took it back to the dealer yesterday with the same result. They found no leaks, replaced cabin filter, 15 mile test ride with manager and he said he did not notice our symptoms ($170). I talked with 2 other Honda dealers afterwards and they claim to know of no such problem but are willing to troubleshoot to try to find out what the problem is (at my expense). My internet search of the last 12 hours indicates that our symptom are totally consistent with the exposure to the exposure to chemicals used in the air bags, namely the highly toxic sodium azide and potassium nitrate. Could they be releasing gas" any one else have this problem? if so, have you found the source and fixed it"

- Plymouth, MA, USA