CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012-2013 Honda Pilot have a small complaint trend of owners reporting the engine hesitates sometimes when accelerating.

While it's not a widespread trend with the Pilot, it's a little concerning because of the possibly safety ramifications. While it's certainly something to keep in mind, most Pilot owners are not experiencing this problem.

5.4

2012 Honda Pilot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Pilot:

2012 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 012012

Pilot 6-cyl

This is first summer for my brand new Honda Pilot 2012 LX car and I notice when ac in on and car is not moving there is some kind of moaning very loud noise coming from the engine. I took my car to the dealer from where I purchased this vehicle. I was informed that Honda Motors is aware about this issue in 2012 Pilot. I am very surprise and upset that despite Honda motor is aware about this issue, till the date Honda Motors did not solve this problem. The noise coming is very loud when ac is on and when car is not moving. This noise is very annoying. I am having migraine almost every day because of this very load moaning noise coming from the car. I already contacted Honda but they did not solve this problem as of yet or there is no recall. It is almost been one year Honda Pilot 2012 model came out. Please help urgently. Thanks

- Forest Hills, NY, USA