CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012-2013 Honda Pilot have a small complaint trend of owners reporting the engine hesitates sometimes when accelerating.

While it's not a widespread trend with the Pilot, it's a little concerning because of the possibly safety ramifications. While it's certainly something to keep in mind, most Pilot owners are not experiencing this problem.

2012 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda Pilot:

2012 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jun 302016

Pilot

I got an accident on 06/30/2016 and still waiting for my Honda Pilot 2012 airbag (passenger side) since month and a half. I opened a case with american Honda to provide me an alternative transportation as they are not able to deliver the airbag within reasonable timeframe but it ended up with a moment of disappointment. After three weeks of hassle, the american Honda said we cannot provide you alternate transportation as the air bag is not part of recall. However, the case manager said "the part is on critical backorder, it's on the highest level and there is no eta". the disappointment does not end here! I ask the case manager to send me this decision in black and white so I can discuss this matter with legal experts but all I hear no, they are not allowed to do so. Moreover, I asked american Honda to talk to supervisor of my case manager and its almost a week since I am waiting, waiting and waiting. Just so you know, for me it's a big waste of time and I found Honda service reps really unprofessional.

- Sykesville, MD, USA

Oct 162013

Pilot

Airbag was recalled/replaced in 2012-2013. Husband was in an accident with another vehicle. His airbag deployed and left a nasty burn on his arm. He was told it was due to the powder. Accident occurred in town while turning so relatively slow speed. I felt he should report the incident back in October 2014 before I had heard about these recent airbag recalls. My concern is there may be problems with the replacement airbag if that is what he received - I dont have access to his VIN number right now.

- New Canaan, CT, USA

May 192015

Pilot

Air bag manufacturer recall on Honda Pilot.

- Monticello, IN, USA

Mar 212015

Pilot

Husband was driving my 2012 Honda Pilot and passenger curtain air bag ruptures. Patty pack Honda manager states they are not responsible for fixing my vehicle. Geico insurance company is stating there investigation determined that Honda is responsible for repairs. Either party is trying to repair my vehicle. Honda states its my insurance company responsibility and geico states its Honda responsibility. After conducting research on my vehicle, I even called Honda and spoke with manager and told them that they have a air bag recall on this vehicle. They never once offered to fix my vehicle! I have/am going through hell just to get try to get my vehicle fixed.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Apr 102014

Pilot

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Pilot. While driving approximately 70 mph, the passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The dealer stated that the air bag indicator would illuminate at any given time when an occupant's weight shifted from the seat or when leaning against the arm rest. The contact was informed that the air bag was performing as designed. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 17,000.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Pilot 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that another vehicle traveling 60-70 mph crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The contact's vehicle was pushed into an intersection, which then crashed into a tree. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver suffered injuries to the back and neck. The front passenger suffered injuries to the back, neck, face and ribs. There were two rear seat passengers who also suffered injuries to the ribs. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was not filed of the incident. The contact stated that the vehicle was previously serviced under an air bag recall (campaign number 13V016000 -air bags) but the vehicle was not inspected after the crash to determine the cause of the air bag failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 21,000. Updated 05/12/14

- Las Vegas , NV, USA

Oct 042013

Pilot

The contact owns a 2012 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that while he was at stop the vehicle was crashed into from the rear by another vehicle traveling 60 mph. The impact pushed the contact's vehicle forward, causing the contact to crash into a brick wall and then a tree. The front and side air bags all failed to deploy. The contact suffered injuries to the head, neck, back, left side of the body and the left leg. The front seat passenger suffered injuries to the head, face and legs. A rear passenger suffered injuries to the back, left leg and fractured ribs and a second rear passenger suffered two fractured ribs. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The failure and current mileage was 19,000.

- Las Vegas , NV, USA