2014 Honda Pilot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Pilot:

2014 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 162016

Pilot 6-cyl

On April 17, 2016 at 3.30 pm while forward parking my vehicle, I experienced a sudden uncontrolled acceleration, resulting in the vehicle impacting the wall in front of my parking spot. The wall was apx. 20 ft from the car at the time of this incident. I had my foot on the brake during the later stages of the parking maneuver and speed was minimal <5 km/H). Before coming to a standstill, the engine sprung to maximum RPM without me ever touching the accelerator. I didn't have time to control it and the brakes were also ineffective. Upon impact the driver front airbag deployed and the horn started. I switched off the engine and removed the keys. Several witnesses came forward for assistance, police, ambulance and fire department were on site. A police report was filed. This incident is very concerning; people could have been seriously injured had this happened in another location or if passersby where present.

- Anmore, Bc V3h 4y7, Canada, DC, USA

Mar 302015

Pilot

Major electrical malfunction, most of the dash electronics won't work. The rear hatch is locked and cannot be opened. No A/C and no gauges operating. Major disappointment for a 2014 Honda Pilot touring edition with only 6000 miles. Hope the local Honda dealership fixes it tomorrow 3/31/15.

- Ellenton, FL, USA

Jul 132014

Pilot 6-cyl

I purchased a brand new Honda Pilot-navi 2014 on July 3 2014. 1 week after the purchase there was a major water leak inside the new 2014 vehicle!.. water was leaking inside from a big rain storm and I do have a video and pics to show you. The next day space coast Honda was called where I purchased the new 2014 to get fixed. The service director said that I opened the moonroof which is not true!. he then told me leave the vehicle at the dealership for a technician to look where the water was coming from. The Honda dealership offered me a loaner at there cost for the day. The same day the Honda was taken there I was called around 5 pm to come pick up the new Honda. The service director told me he replaced the windshield and headliner inside and took all the water out from the leaking rain storm!!.. I did not get a copy of the service record and was told I have 3 years or 36,000 miles warranty. 2 days later it was taken back for more repairs! the new 2014 was stalling out, engine hesitating, riding ruff, engine fan keeps running, drivers door light not working and pulling to the right!.. again the service director tried to fix the problem and failed!.. I have called american Honda motor Corp in California and told them the problems!. they told me go in my Honda Pilot handbook and fill out the form for Consumer Affairs!.. this new Honda has many issues and no 1 wants to help or take responsibility to give me a new 2014 Honda or refund. August 28 2014 it was taken to space coast Honda again for the water leak and stalling out!..

- Cocoa Beach, FL, USA

Jan 142014

Pilot

45 miles on a brand new 2014 Pilot ex-L the ignition does not engaged consistently. When you turn the key and the engine cranks, it does not turn over, rather it continues to make cranking sound, even when key goes back to run/on position. You need to turn key off to get cranking to stop. 50 miles on barand new 2014 Pilot ex-L a continuous clicking sound comes from the steering column when making a left hand turn. It does it when you turn right, but more predominant when turning left. From onset - the driver's side door does not open and close smoothly - thought at first it was just the hinge catching, further inspection demonstrates the left front fender and driver's door seem is not uniform. Therefore the bottom of the fender and driver's side door are rubbing against each other and paint is rubbing off.

- Wallingford, CT, USA