3.2

2015 Honda Pilot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Pilot:

2015 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jun 012015

Pilot

Almost immediately after purchase, notice car shuddering and shaking at 35-50mph and then even higher speed limits. Went to purchasing dealer service department and they told me this is a common problem associated with vcm system. Took car for three subsequent repairs over next year to another Honda dealer. Even after downloading new PCM and vcm / torque management software update provided by Honda, problem still exists. Honda states that they will continue to work on this fix, but corporate now states that this defect is within acceptable operating standards. On some days the shuddering seems unsafe and could pose a risk, I suspect, to driver and passenger safety. Have followed all lemon law guidance from state of Georgia and Honda continues to produce lies and false statements to cover up a problem which has even been written about by edmunds.com. Corporate rep met me at dealership to evaluate problem. He acknowledge problems during a test drive; stated that some cars just don't make it off the assembly line perfect, and that my vehicle is one of those vehicles. Honda corporate also states that the local dealership is in concurrence with their assessment, and I know for a fact that they are not based on discussions with them and with their service technicians who have worked on my vehicle. Honda should be ashamed of how they are ignoring an operating problem with this vehicle; expanding acceptable tolerance limits in order to call this vehicle normal and safe.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Oct 122015

Pilot

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Pilot. While driving 55 mph and activating the driver side seat heater, the gear shifter was encountered and shifted into neutral. As a result, the vehicle lost power and failed to accelerate. The contact placed the gear shifter back into drive and was able to resume normal operation. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to determine the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 46,000.

- Lookout, CA, USA

Mar 052015

Pilot 6-cyl

I purchased a new top of the line Honda Pilot ex-L back in 2005. My wife drove it for nine years and took impeccable care of it. I started driving it a year ago when we leased a 2013 CR-V for her. A couple of weeks ago, I was making the three mile journey to work when I noticed that my heat was no longer working. After work, the car had some transmission slip when leaving the parking lot. I stopped home briefly to make arrangements to take it to the local Honda dealer. We always had it serviced there ( mostly oil changes, a set of brake pads, etc. As it only had 84,000 mi. On it). On the way to the dealer, who was five miles away, the transmission was slipping more and more. Then, the vehicle started to massively overheat. I'm glad I was not on a busy highway or in heavy traffic. Long story short, after the technician evaluated it, I had a catastrophic failure due to the transmission fluid mixing with the antifreeze. I needed a head gasket for the motor due to the heat, a new radiator that had an internal design failure, and the transmission needed to be replaced as well. A vehicle does not require a mixture of antifreeze and transmission fluid anywhere, nor at any time in the history of automobiles. The repair would have cost nearly what the value of the car was. I called Honda motor Corp. And was offered no help. The value of the car was roughly $10,000. I chose not to proceed with the repair, as I felt it would have been a foolish decision. After my family has owned a half-dozen Honda vehicles, we will never buy another one. I feel that Honda owes me the value of the car due to their overly engineered radiator. We suggested that they put the value of the Pilot against the lease balance on the CRV, they denied that suggestion. The moment the heat went out, I had no idea that my car was already a total loss. Can you say recall"????????"

- Holland, MI, USA