2015 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Pilot:

2015 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 242016

Pilot

Takata recall - I currently lease a 2015 Honda Pilot from Virginia. Because of the military, my family and I are now in las vegas. After reading about the recalls, calling american Honda, and 3 different dealerships, I found out the recalled airbag part numbers are the same exact part numbers in my car. Not one of the places I called are willing to help fix it without there being an actual recall, so I'm driving a death trap with my children waiting around for the company to catch up and place a recall on the newer model vehicles as well. All it would take is one vehicle on the interstate to swerve into my lane and hit anywhere at the front end and those airbags will inflate and send the metal shrapnel through my neck and body and my passenger's. I'm willing to just give the vehicle back, but I can't get anyone associated with Honda to even try to help. I don't know if it matters or is true, but I read Honda has already been sued for lying about this matter. Also, the airbag manufacturer has until 2018 to phase out the airbag and more recalls will be implemented, but when and under what circumstances does there have to be for it to happen. Do people have to die specifically in a 2015 Honda Pilot before action will be taken?

- Henderson, NV, USA