9.4

2016 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Pilot:

2016 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jul 232016

Pilot

Honda Pilot 2016 touring. Vehicle battery drains overnight or in a few hours for no reason. The vehicle would not start and would have to be transported to the dealership or have battery recharged for a long time. After recharge, safety equipment such as sensors, emergency stop, etc. Stop working. Contacted Honda and took vehicle to dealership multiple times. One time they replaced the battery and other times did something else but they are unable to resolve the problem. We believe vehicle is unsafe to drive. This problem seems to be encountered by many Honda Pilot 2016 owners which is reported online. They all complain of taking their vehicle to Honda dealership only to be told the dealership unable to resolve the issue.

- Rancho Cucmaonga, CA, USA

Jan 152016

Pilot

It surges when coming to an intersection going 15 mph with foot off gas and firmly on the brakes. It has surged several times out into the intersections. Service bulletin 16-008 covers over 50,000 Honda Pilot but the dealer tells me my Pilot is just short of the listed VIN numbers. I have informed the dealer this occurs in cooler weather below 40 degrees and if people are crossing the intersection and it surges the Pilot could hurt or kill several people. I have taken it to the dealer four times but they told me they could not correct the problem cause it did not occur while they had it. It does not happen all the time.

Feb 262016

Pilot

Coming to a stop at an intersection it has surged 4 times taking me out into the intersection every time, with foot off gas an on break I can not stop it. I recently have been using the emergency break to stop it. It does not happen all the time. I took it to dealer 2X. American Honda is looking into it and always ask it wrecked it. Several others had same issue. An software update did not resolve issue. Can our government help?

Feb 262016

Pilot

Sometimes can not stop 2016 Honda Pilot with foot off gas and firmly pressing down on break peddle. It has taken me 4 times into intersections. Yesterday I was going to make a left hand turn at a 4 way stop and the engine surged and I had to go straight to avoid hitting a car. The dealer checked breaks and gas peddle and found no problems. The touch screen radio controls sometimes does not work. Dealer mechanic said computer controls that and car gas too, therefore I think it is a software issue that needs to be addressed immediately. I have a code number with America Honda. They are checking into the matter and hope they find a solution before I wreck or worst kill someone. I have had this new vehicle about 6 weeks. Only 1300 miles on it.