9.1

2016 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Pilot:

2016 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 092016

Pilot

When securing the driver's side seatbelt, it seemed to be too tight and did not allow room to reach the dash. Took it back to the dealership and they lubricated it and said it was working fine. It still continued to feel too tight - especially when compared to the passenger side. So, I stopped by a Honda dealership and tried the seatbelt in one of their 2016 models and found that it had the same snugness as my vehicle. I have since measured both the driver's seatbelt and the front passenger seatbelt. The result was that the driver's side belt is a full 24 inches shorter than the front passenger belt, when fully extended. I feel that if it is tight on me, it could pose a problem for others as well. It should be noted that, even though the belt was a little snug, I really did not notice it until I was wearing bulky winter clothing and heavy coat.

- Reading, OH, USA