2007 Hyundai Elantra steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Elantra:

2007 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Sep 272008

Elantra

I have a 2007 Hyundai Elantra. I've had 35 years of driving experience. I was driving on the 60 freeway on Saturday, Sept 27. As I went to change lanes, the car started to swerve left and right, as if it was losing control somehow. I tried to control it as best as I could, but my efforts were futile. I had swerved nearly 6 lanes and crashed into the center divider. Thankfully, nobody was injured. It is highly likely that there was a serious problem with the steering and brake systems, possibly a defect in the car. The car is currently totaled.

- Diamond Bar, CA, USA