CarComplaints.com Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.

So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.

Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.

2.4

2010 Hyundai Elantra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Elantra:

2010 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Feb 252013

Elantra 4-cyl

When I purchased the car on the 23 of February the salesman assured me nothing was wrong with this car had only had one owner noticed that in the interior of the car there were water rings and a mold substance salesman assured it was not mold took it back 2 days later they replaced struts and again voiced my concern about mold was assured again it was not took it back on 13 of March the owner called and advised me to pick up car stated they had some one come out and inspect the car and they determined it was not mold when ask for a copy of document was told inspector refused to leave one. ESC light kept coming on sales manager instructed service dept not to touch my car got test run to check for reports on ESC it came back with 2 code C1260(steering sensor)the other B1322(airbag control)was told if it came back on to bring it back.I have tried to get these issues corrected on more that 4 occasions the owner didn't see a problem with the way I was treated.mold is a health hazard I use my car for work. I am in home health and drive the elderly around this is very unhealthy and I think the dealership should correct this at their cost.

- Newnan, GA, USA