Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: There's an emerging trend of transmission problem with the 2010 Elantra at fairly early mileage.

So far owners report having the transmission replaced under warranty but that won't hold up for much longer. It may be a bit premature but for now we're putting the "CLUNKER" rating on the 2010 Elantra just to be safe.

Speaking of being safe, you might not be unless Hyundai can figure out why their airbags aren't deploying.

2010 Hyundai Elantra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Elantra:

2010 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Mar 042016

Just starting getting a big problem with the steering making noise in steering wheels.. and it get worse.. seat belt keeps unclicking

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 182015

Sitting in traffic on 405 freeway near exit 52 going South to work when I was rear-ended by a 2013 Nissan. Back and front of car folded up, I was ejected from the seat belt (opened up and flew into passenger seat) and not one air bag opened. I could not move, my foot was fractured, stomach hurt, neck, back and arms in pain. Chp on the scene. Car that ran into the back of me pushed me into a large truck and pushed the truck into a car. 4-car accident. Car has been totaled and I am reporting the failure and defect with the seat belts and air bags. MA 10/5

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Feb 082012

Elantra 4-cyl

I was stopping my 2010 Hyundai Elantra on gravel road-my right foot on brakes they locked and car jumped to acceleration and landed in bushes know down porto potty with the town gov.'t.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA