CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.

We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.

2.3

2011 Hyundai Elantra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra:

2011 Hyundai Elantra Owner Comments

Apr 282016

Elantra 4-cyl

After four near accidents I feel it's time to report the following. I would apply the brake and the vehicle would try to stop and at the same time speed up. With no answer from my dealer I have had to find the answer myself. The brake pedal is 4 " wide. The distance to the left side of the accelerator is 3 " and the accelerator is 2" wide. I wear a size 9 shoe which is four and one quarter inches wide. This means that it is possible to apply the brake and also the accelerator at the same time because of the one and a quarter inch possible overlap. It would be very easy to extend the brake arm 2-3 '" to the left, updated 05/18/16

- Locust Grove, VA, USA