- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
- September 5: Jeep Renegade Recalled To Keep Hackers Away
- August 31: Over 206,000 Jeep Cherokees Recalled For Windshield Wiper Problems
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Roll Away Dangers Investigated
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifting roughly40
- transmission died20
- stalling/ engine noise/check engine light on10
- vibration when accelerating8
- stalling at first gear7
- transmission won't engage without high revs5
- transmission fluid leaking4
- grinding noise3
- not shifting into 9th gear below 90mph3
- vibration in reverse2
- won't downshift2
- won't go into reverse2
- shifts to safe mode while driving1
- transmission needs service warning1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.