- November 3: 'Connected' Cars Can Be Tracked For $500 Or Less
- October 31: Jeep Cherokee Recalled After Engine Fires
- October 29: Chrysler Recalls 560,000 SUVs For Airbag and Stability Problems
- October 27: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokee and Ram 1500
- September 20: Chrysler Agrees to Settle Dodge and Jeep TIPM Lawsuit
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifting roughly48
- transmission died22
- stalling/ engine noise/check engine light on10
- vibration when accelerating8
- stalling at first gear7
- transmission won't engage without high revs6
- not shifting into 9th gear below 90mph4
- transmission fluid leaking4
- grinding noise3
- transmission needs service warning2
- vibration in reverse2
- won't downshift2
- won't go into reverse2
- shifts to safe mode while driving1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.