- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 3 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 7 days ago
- August 7: ZF North America Recalls 505,000 Transmission Sensors recalls | 17 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 18 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 21 days ago
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifting roughly74
- transmission died30
- not shifting properly28
- stalling/ engine noise/check engine light on12
- transmission needs service warning10
- transmission won't engage without high revs10
- vibration when accelerating10
- stalling at first gear7
- grinding noise4
- transmission fluid leaking4
- “rolling bump stop”3
- loses power while driving2
- vibration in reverse2
- won't downshift2
- won't go into reverse2
- "park" not engaging1
- shifts to safe mode while driving1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.