- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: Jeep Cherokee Recalled to Fix Loose Seats recalls | 17 days ago
- September 6: Chrysler Sued In Death of Jeep Patriot Driver news | 19 days ago
- August 31: Lawsuit: Jeep ZF Shifter Caused Grand Cherokee Rollaway news | 25 days ago
- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 35 days ago
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifting roughly75
- transmission died30
- not shifting properly28
- transmission needs service warning15
- stalling/ engine noise/check engine light on13
- transmission won't engage without high revs10
- vibration when accelerating10
- stalling at first gear7
- grinding noise4
- transmission fluid leaking4
- “rolling bump stop”3
- loses power while driving2
- vibration in reverse2
- won't downshift2
- won't go into reverse2
- "park" not engaging1
- shifts to safe mode while driving1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.