- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 2 days ago
- October 6: Recalled: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Fiat 500 recalls | 15 days ago
- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 21 days ago
- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 26 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 36 days ago
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- shifting roughly83
- not shifting properly34
- transmission died31
- transmission needs service warning16
- stalling/ engine noise/check engine light on13
- transmission won't engage without high revs10
- vibration when accelerating10
- stalling at first gear7
- loses power while driving6
- grinding noise4
- transmission fluid leaking4
- “rolling bump stop”3
- won't go into reverse3
- "park" not engaging2
- shifts to safe mode while driving2
- vibration in reverse2
- won't downshift2
- won't stay in tow mode1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.