CarComplaints.com Notes: How many transmission complaints can a new vehicle really receive? You'd be surprised. Unless you're a 2015 Cherokee owner, then I bet you're not surprised at all.

2015 Jeep Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee:

2015 Jeep Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jun 262015

Cherokee

I was backing up my daughters driveway. Her driveway is a little steep and when I went to give the Jeep more gas the rpms dropped from 1500 to idle and then back to 1500 rpms really quick, it did this a couple times. The dog ended up on the floor of the car, friends standing outside the car though I didn't know how to drive. I finally had to turn the Jeep around and go up her driveway in the forward direction. We went out to eat later and when I came back I tried backing up her driveway again and it did the same thing. I took the Jeep into the dealer on 6/29/15 with 990 miles on it. The dealer updated the PCM and tcm and retested it but could not get it to fail. It failed again about 3 months later on labor day weekend, 2015. Again backing up my daughters driveway. I contacted the Jeep service manager and he said they probably can't fix it if it doesn't set a code. (great) the Jeep hasn't failed backing up again but it did fail on the highway at 65 miles per hour completely shutting down and not restarting. (see complaint #10819212) like other Jeep owners I've noticed the Jeep stays in third gear to long at low speed, especially if you have to make a left turn in front of on coming traffic. I've resorted to down shifting the transmission myself so I can have some power to make the turn without getting hit. ( note to Chrysler, I'm a first time Jeep buyer, keep doing nothing about the engine and transmission problems and you can find your Jeep at a Ford or Chevy dealership.......real soon).

- Ulster Park, NY, USA

Jan 132016

Cherokee

My transmission has been slipping since I purchased the vehicle a year ago, (12-28-15) appx, they said they fixed the problem, but it has recently became worse that it was originally. When I'm stopped and then begin to start going again the car hesitates for about 3-5 seconds then it jerks and goes. It also seems to downshift on its own or not at all.

- East Liverpool, OH, USA

Jan 092016

Cherokee

I was traveling on a major highway at 65 mph when the engine shut off. I put the Jeep's transmission in neutral and it would not start. I was able to pull to the right side of the road safely since it was very light traffic. I tried starting the Jeep with the transmission shifter in park and nothing happened. I removed the key fob from the start/run switch and tried locking & unlocking the car doors, and nothing happened. I tried the remote start button, and again, nothing happened. My wife gave me her key fob and the Jeep started right up and ran okay. There were no lights on the dash showing any problems. When I got to my destination after another 10 minutes of travel I tried my key fob again and the Jeep started okay. I used my key fob on the return trip of 67 miles with no problems. There is an unknown cause of the incident. Could it be the key fob or the electronics that control engine running mode?

- Ulster Park, NY, USA

Nov 062015

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V676000 (engine and engine cooling); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hollis, NY, USA

Dec 042015

Cherokee

Had three months with my car, started showing the check engine light periodically, I didn´T take much importance, then I receive a recall from the dealer, they fix the unknown problem, then five months later I park on the pending street and trying to drive back, the shifter wasn´T moving at all, after a few minutes strangling with the shifter the car finally work, after that the check engine light was on for a day, this happened again continuously. This check engine light on, happens a lot. Today 12-04-2015, a tragedy happened to me, when I park my car on a climb street, I put the shifter on park, turn off the car, took my key, I get out of the car, close the door, when I was about to set up the alarm I notice by reflection that something was moving, and that was my car, passing by next to me and crashing into a concrete wall, almost run me down, ¿again the car was off and I had the key in my hand¿. how is this possible"?" if my car has an automatic transmission. I don¿T feel safe anymore, owing this car, putting my life and others in risk, I don¿T this is fair, when you´re investing your money for security, I need a response or solution for this problem a.S.a.P. thanks. Alan cuevas hernandez.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Nov 252015

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. While driving 35 mph, the check engine warning indicator and the start stop warning indicator illuminated. In addition, the engine misfired and the vehicle violently shook. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that a faulty spool valve failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was approximately 2,000.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Oct 252015

Cherokee

I started leasing this brand new car July 2015. Initially there were a few minor shifting changes that felt unsteady. Coming home from work one day in October 2015 I noticed the car was not accelerating, would shift poorly into different gears and was jolting. At the same time the "service engine light" turned on as well as a message stating "service transmission". I waited seven hours for Jeep to tow the car, it took them one week to diagnose, and they estimated another week to repair. So far they've had the car for two weeks and the estimate pickup day would mark 17 days without the car if its even ready on time. They are replacing the entire transmission.

- Hoboken, NJ, USA

Oct 252015

- Hoboken, NY, USA

Sep 202015

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. While driving 15 mph, the check engine light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the system needed to be updated. The vehicle was repaired. The contact also stated that the next day while driving at 15 mph, the transmission failed, . the vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the engine failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure recurred numerous times. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was approximately 10,946. Updated 1/20/16

- Shelburne, NH, USA

Oct 262015

Cherokee

The contact owned a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. The contact stated that while the vehicle was in motion, smoke appeared inside and outside the vehicle. The contact merged to the side of the road and large flames appeared under the hood. A fire technician extinguished the fire. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an impound lot. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 12,000.

- Rockport, TX, USA

Oct 242015

Cherokee

Jeep 2015 Cherokee stalled while in motion in high speed lane of highwayin heavy traffic. Upon restarting, car was stuck somewhere around 3rd or 4th gear. Engine was skipping.

- Wallingford, CT, USA

Oct 232015

Cherokee

Our Cherokee latitude was at 4,800 miles when it suddenly flashed service transmission and service engine. We were stuck in a high gear on the interstate which allowed us off of the interstate to safety but we were nearly hit trying to get to a pull off area as it wouldn't pick up speed once it slowed down. Then it jumped and banged to shift off due to the start\stop which we quickly turned off and were glad we didn't Ram anyone. Once the car was off for awhile it reset itself and we tried getting to the next town since we were in a trip. It did it again, so we called the nearest dealer. They said they were aware of a recall and would call us back to help but never did. We managed to get it back home after it sat off for awhile have been given a loaner from our dealership. It seems like more needs to be done to fix this issue as there are lots of transmission complaints!

- Fishers, IN, USA

Oct 152015

Cherokee

I was trying to continue through a busy intersection, I pressed the accelerator and the car acted like it was in neutral. It revved up, but did not accelerate. I looked down at my gear shift and it was still in drive, however my dashboard said that the Jeep was in neutral. Because I could not continue through the intersection, I was rear ended by the person behind me.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Feb 172015

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee latitude. While attempting to stop the vehicle, it experienced a slight loss of power. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Lynn Haven, FL, USA

Oct 162015

Cherokee

I bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk V6 on 10/14/15. On 10/16/15 while driving down a street at 45mph, the vehicle died. I managed to get off to the side of the road and after a couple of attempts it started again. The check engine light was now on and I had no acceleration. I managed to drive 5 miles to the dealership in "limp mode" and drop it off for repairs. The last I heard on 10/17/15 was that they were going to replace the tcm and PCM and see if that helps, it is now 10/21/15 and I do not have an update.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Sep 022015

Cherokee

Water or fluid leaking from exhaust system. At start up and shut down rear exhaust.

- Conway, PA, USA

Sep 032015

Cherokee

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The failure occurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000. The VIN was not available.

- Mokena, IL, USA

Oct 072015

Cherokee

While applying the brakes in an attempt to stop the vehicle, the vehicle slows down to approx. 20mph and then accelerates on its own.

- Bethpage, NY, USA

Oct 142015

Cherokee

I bought my car 3/29/2015. My car has been in the shop 4 times in the 6 months since I have bout it. It had the transmission valve replaced, the harness replaces, and after all of that still did not fix anything. My car is currently having a new transmission put in ( only has 5,000) miles on it! so many costumers are having the same issues with their 2015 Cherokee, they are unsafe and have caused many accidents from transmission failures. They need to be recalled!!!

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Sep 242015

Cherokee

Purchased the 2015 Jeep Cherokee in March. Have had issues with the transmission due to the recalls. The vehicle would slow and not shift properly, it would also lurch and stall and shift very clunky. 9/21 - had the recalls taken care of and was told it would solve the issues. 9/22 - driving on the freeway in stop and go traffic and the car suddenly lurches and then stops. The service transmission, check engine and emergency brake were all flashing. I almost got rear-ended and was in a serious accident. I had to turn the car off on the freeway to "reboot" it as it was stuck in a parked position but not powered off. 9/24 - en route to get the car serviced, I was on the freeway in traffic, it lurches and stopped again, this time causing me to rear-end the vehicle in front of me.

- South St Paul, MN, USA