1. still not solved doing as the above (1 reports)
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Mar 012014

Grand Cherokee

=WHEN MY JEEP STARTS I HAVE TO LEAVE MY FOOT ON THE GAS TO KEEP IT RUNNING. SOMETIMES THE ACCELERATION WILL TAKE OFF OUT OF THE BLUE IF I DON'T HAVE MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE. I COULD EASILY CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. SO IT WILL TAKE OFF OR DIE ON ME.

WHEN IT DIES IF I MOVE THE STEERING WHEEL UP AND DOWN AND THEN TRY STARTING SOMETIMES IT STARTS OTHER TIMES IT DOESN'T & I HAVE TO KEEP TRYING UNTIL IT FINALLY STARTS. THEN I HAVE TO KEEP MY FOOT ON THE GAS AFTER IT STARTS. AND AT THE SAME TIME I HAVE TO KEEP MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE OR IT WILL TAKE OFF. SOMETIMES WHEN I PUT IN REVERSE IT CLAMMERS VERY LOUDLY LIKE ITS GOING TO KILL MY TRANSMISSION.

I NEED HELP HAVING THE PROBLEMS FIXED ON MY JEEP.

Update from May 22, 2014: If my Jeep doesn't start I have to move the steering column up and down & then try to start. It generally will start after moving steer column up & down to different levels unless I have worn the battery down from trying to start or have flooded it. Then I still have to deal with not letting it die or paying close attention when it revs up out of the blue and tries to take off and I have to apply the breaks.

- , CColorado Springs, CO, USA