2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Feb 192013

Grand Cherokee

I was getting into my car and sat in the driver side seat. I heard a popping sound and my seat moved. I got out of my car to check my seat and notice it was loose.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Feb 012013

Grand Cherokee

Seat bracket is broken, resulting in entire seat being loose. Repaired a few years back at the dealer by replacing entire bracket. Obviously, the part is defective, as there are hundreds of complaints of the exact same thing happening in the NHTSA on line database.

- Carson City, NV, USA

Jan 072013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I was getting into the vehicle and the seat frame broke dislodging the seat on the driver's side.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Oct 292012

Grand Cherokee

Drivers seat, left side front and rear brace holding seat to floor cracked apart. I have read that many Jeep from this time period have had this problem of separation due to inferior / thin steal as the bracket. Fixing is by welding - does not hold and entire bracket holding the seat to the floor needs to be replaced.

- Port St Lucie , FL, USA

Nov 052012

Grand Cherokee

The drivers side seat track has broken on two sides. This is due to a defective part on the seat track where the metal is too thin and has cracked. I have read complaint after complaint online. This needs to be recalled before someone is hurt or killed. I cannot even find one to replace in a salvage yard due to the fact that it is such a common problem, people have bought any one that is available.

- Chicopee, MA, USA

Aug 152012

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The front driver's seat frame weld on the left side had previously broken on me. Now the frame weld has broken on the right side of the seat where the base of the seat meets the seat back causing the seat to tilt back and to the right. The whole seat now wobbles. This is a defect in the seat frame design because the breaks are at weld points. The metal is thin at these points.

- Joshua Tree, CA, USA

Jun 132012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Accelerating from stop sign to 40 mph, driver's power seat frame broke at a weld point on the front left side. Mechanic says it cannot be re-welded. Apparently the problem is so prevalent, another seat from a junk yard cannot be found. Dealer says seat frames are on back order. I am working with an independent mechanic to find a fix. This is a safety issue because if the seat broke lose, the driver could lose control and anyone in the back seat could be injured.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Jan 272010

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

1/27/10 a received in the mail a safety recall J14-heated seat elements, Chrysler group and dealership only fix the front passenger seat, and the driver seat was was not fix it was disconected awaitng for a cover seat, and as of 6/7/12 the problem is not fix, Chrysler firts calimed that the work was completed on May 2010, I told them no only one seat was fixed, they called the dealership and confirmed my story, and now they are telling me that they do not have in stock a seat cover and that I have to continue waiting, I have been waiting for more than 2 years and have been more than patient, I want Chrysler to pay me so that I can have this fix at a location that I feel confident because I do not trust Chrysler or the Chrysler dealership in randolph NJ, if I was to sell my vehicle I will loose value because one seat is not working and I have not been able to use my heated seat in more than 2 years, this is unaceptable, Chrysler group did not comply with the safety recall.

- Kenvil, NJ, USA

May 012012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Front driver seat track broke and car is a hazard to drive. Dealer says it cost $1200 to repair.

- Union, NJ, USA

Apr 192012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I have me a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee special edition, I bought it in 2010 and its April 19th, 2012 and my drivers front power seat track just broke on me while driving.

- Callaway, FL, USA

Feb 212012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Seats base frame fails with separation of metal support making seat unsound. Located on drivers seat, left front.

- Sun Prairie, WI, USA

Apr 282006

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The driver side electric seat frame broke in 2006 and I was told I could buy a new one but they are so cheaply made I had it repaired by a experienced welder who told me the metal was really thin and cheaply made.it broke again in 2008 in a different location on the same seat and I had it repaired.then it broke again in another location on same seat in 2009.now to start off Jan.2012 it broke in 2 places of the seat frame and I don"T know what to do.it is a very dangerous seat and I looked on line for a few moments and found thousands of complaints on the same seat from 2004 and down a few years. If something is not done about this someone could be hurt or killed.

- Lindale, GA, USA

Dec 272011

Grand Cherokee

While driving my seat suddenly moved forward and to the right. What I found was that the seat bracket broke causing the seat to move. After looking on the internet I found that this is a common problem on this make and model of vehicle. This is a safety issue as it affects your driving position and in my case broke while I was driving. In addition, as you go around corners you now move/slide in the seat as it is no longer level.

- Marysville , OH, USA

Oct 172011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo driver's seat mounting bracket broken. Seat wobbles terribly. No auto parts store stock this item and according to burdick Chrysler Jeep, it is no longer manufactured. According to Jeep, there has been no recall, yet according to vlane.com, carsurvey.org, aboutvehicle.com and other such internet sources, this is not an isolated incident. There appears to have been thousands of complaints.

- Liverpool, NY, USA

Sep 072011

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Front passenger power seat mounting bracket and seat main frame both have split lose, causing seat to wobble dangerously about. Possible continued breakage of other components immanent. Causing serious injury or death due to seat breaking lose.

- Oswego , NY, USA

Oct 072008

Grand Cherokee

Driver side seat frame cracked in multiple locations. Now acts like rocking chair while driving. No support, very unsafe.

- Hawthorne, NJ, USA

Oct 222011

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The main metal frame of the driver's seat has broken. Drivers seat has a rocking motion and will most likely not hold up to a rear end collision at any speeds.

- Hanahan, SC, USA

Sep 092011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

While driving the driver's seat frame bracket snapped and the driver's seat became wobbly as I drove. Unable to get a safety inspection sticker in Massachusetts until the seat frame is repaired/replaced. This is the first time I have had this problem with 2004 Grand Cherokee. It has occurred twice with a 2003 Grand Cherokee I own also. Very unsafe to drive in this condition.

- Malden, MA, USA

Jul 302011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Driver side seat broke off at frame. This has happened twice. There does not seem to be a solution by Jeep to repair this problem. There are no parts either new or used available to make repairs. Was told by the dealer that this is a common problem.

- Ukiah, CA, USA

May 012009

Grand Cherokee

Stopped at a light, when light turned green, accerated, driver seat rocked backward and felt loose. On examination front left bracket on frame had broken. This seems to be a problem this this car, searched on-line to find many people with this happening. Had it welded. About 6mos later rear bracket broke in same way. This is very dangerous to the driver, must hold on when seat moves in this way. Don't know why Jeep will not fix at there cost. They say ther is no recall. There should be one.

- Bay Shore, NY, USA