8.0

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Dec 052015

Grand Cherokee Limited V6

The interior lights came on when I was driving and when I turned the engine off, the interior lights were still on. The doors would not unlock and I had to open it manually. Took my car to Pep Boys to have it evaluated,the diagnostic said it was Driver door window control module. They said they have to call the dealership to order the part. I am dreading this because I know it is expensive (its the jeep, of course!). The holidays are coming up and I am a widow working part time and collecting Social Security, I don't have this kind of money. Pep Boys took the fuse out so my interior lights won't drain the battery. I saw one of the You Tube showing it was the wires that was broken in the door. Do you think that would be the problem? I hope!

- , chico, CA, USA

Nov 242015

Grand Cherokee SE 4.0L

Turn signals, AC blower motor, back up lights, and radiator fan motor stop working at the same time.

- , Madison, AL, USA

Jul 092015

Grand Cherokee 4.0L V6

Was just getting something out of my Jeep when everything went haywire. Lost all control of the Power Windows, after my 4 year just put the window down. Over 90 degrees and the A/C quit blowing cool air. None of the instruments on my dashboard worked, so I couldn't tell how fast, how many RPMS, how much gas etc.... Upon research, I hope its just a bad wire, will be getting looked at tomorrow. Jeep continued to run and still does. Interior lights remain on though.

- , Ridgeley, WV, USA