7.5

2. replace broken window regulator (7 reports)
  3. replace window regulator and motor (5 reports)
  4. replaced all window motors (2 reports)
  5. repair wiring (1 reports)
  6. replace wiring harness (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 092011

Grand Cherokee Special Edition V8

Unable to use vehicle until the window was repaired as the issue was with the drivers side front window and it had been raining and weather forcast was for rain for the next several days.

- , Moon Township, PA, USA

Jul 012011

Grand Cherokee Special Edition I6

The problem was a simple small plastic piece cracked and failed where the "up" regulator cable attaches. I have found MANY identical complaints via Google search. The failure occurred while we were traveling and of course it rained that day (no rain damage luckily).

I found instructions online, bought the replacement part, and made the repair in two hours myself. My cost/claim is $121.83 + 2hours of my time @ $75/hr.

My biggest concern is that my other windows will probably also fail. Jeep needs to extend the warranty indefinitely on this problem.

- , Mason, OH, USA

Sep 012010

Grand Cherokee SE V6

First let me say that i have owned a 94, 00, and now the 04 that i bought new. this first that happened was i shut the door and it kept saying in the overhead that the driver door was open, i would open and close it and it would not go awa, then the outlets stopped working, and the interior dash lights would go dim when you turned on your headlights and the windows stopped going down. ALL AT THE SAME TIME. it really sucked going all winter with the driver window cracked a little and of course the rain too, luckily i have a louver over the window. not to mention the ordeal when going through the drive thru, and now with the heat already started in FL i can't roll down the windows to let the heat out when i get in nor enjoy some fresh air. and when you smoke it gets bad in there too.

thanks for listening