2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 30 of 30)

Mar 062010

Grand Cherokee

In August of 2009 my wife experienced her Jeep Cherokee die out in the middle of traffic. I met her at the scene. The car started immediately and was drivable with no subsequent occurrences that day. We took it to jack phalen Dodge in countryside, il for service to see if they could determine the cause. On August 31 we picked up the vehicle and it checked out completely, they were unable to duplicate the concern. Twice since August we experienced the same concern, the car died out in traffic. Both times we were able to start the car without any issues and continue. On Saturday, March 6 we drove to downtown Chicago. On this day we initial drove over 20 miles to get into the city, however once we were there the car began to die. This time we experienced it dying out at least 10 times. Once, on I-55 with traffic moving at expressway speeds. Having lost confidence that we would be able to continue safely we called for a tow. We took it back to jack phalen for review. We picked up the car on Monday, March 8. again we were told that nothing was wrong mechanically with the auto. However, they noted that there was a "star case for loss of throttle response #K34511542" which responded to "software updates". they installed 5 software updates. We received no guarantee that this would fix the issue nor would they guarantee that future occurrences would be covered under our warranty, which expires in April 2010. We are obviously concerned that dated software could potentially result in a car losing all power in traffic and the dangers that would pose. I have filed a complaint with Chrysler. This obviously seems like it could potentially present a very dangerous situation.

- Darien, IL, USA

Jan 292010

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I own a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 2wd and other owners across the us (thousands of them) with years ranging 2005-2007 report problems with the electronic shift module. This goes out in the middle of driving (sometimes on the highway) and will cause the vehicle to stall out in the middle of the road without warning. I have had mine replaced twice now and have only owned my Jeep for 1 1/2 years (bought it brand new). This happened in March 2009 and again January 2010.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Jan 092010

Grand Cherokee

I have submitted a complaint before but the problem continues and has gotten worse. My Jeep loses all electrical power and shuts down and restarts itself while driving, occasionally doesn't accelerate past second gear and other times accelerates very slowly, numerous times dealership told me nothing was wrong, finally they replaced clockspring and motherboard but problem began recurring only days later. Only now my Jeep is additionally at times acting like it wants to shut down but instead is just faltering shaking the whole vehicle violently accompanied by the struggling to accelerate.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Dec 222009

Grand Cherokee

While driving down the highway at 65 with the headlights on all of my dash lights lit up and there was no power for a few seconds. This is the first time it has happened since purchasing this vehicle. I have no been able to take my Jeep into the shop since I was already at work. I contacted the dealer and they said they have had complaints like this and that they would not be able to read the fault.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jul 012009

Grand Cherokee

On five occasions all of dash lights came on and went off while I was driving, two of these times the engine stalled and restarted itself. Took vehicle to dealership and was told no problem was found.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Aug 282009

Grand Cherokee

Numerous electrical issues. The most dangerous have been the prnd lighting up and vehicle not going over 1st or 2nd gear while driving. This has happened to me 7 times now, 4 of which have tried to be diagnosed by the dealer without success, they just replaced the gear shifter twice. The 3rd time I had taken a photo of this and gave it to the dealer when they told me 'nothing was wrong' according to their diagnostics. Photo proved otherwise. Also the vehicle has shut itself off twice while I was driving on a busy road. The windows also get stuck and will not work. Have to operate one window to make the other one work. The battery failed and 'transmission over temp" error happened at the same time. Manufacturer's service agent said it was a false readout due to battery failure but they did fix something on the transmission. I am filing for a second lemon law arbitration hearing in Florida. It is a very dangerous vehicle with these issues. Incident date on this form is only the last date of occurrence since only one option. This has been a problem since first purchasing this 'new' vehicle.

- Osprey, FL, USA

Oct 162007

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The dealer stated that the ignition switch was the cause of the failure. The vehicle was repaired under warranty in 2007. In 2009, when the contact attempted to start the vehicle, it would not turn on. In addition, all of the instrument panel indicators illuminated and would not dim. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and they stated that the battery was low and no other failures could be found. Through online research, the contact has found complaints regarding this same issue. The failure mileage was 31,000 and current mileage was 32,000. Updated 3/12/09 updated 03/16/09.

- Slate Hill, NY, USA

Jan 182007

Grand Cherokee

While driving the car stalls out. At speeds 5-40 mph and starts right back up. I take to the dealer 17 times for the same problem. Chrysler Corp told it is not a lemon. What can to do with this car.

- Centereach, NY, USA

Jan 082009

Grand Cherokee

I was driving home from a trip and was two hours from home. I stopped at a fruit stand and when I got back in the vehicle it would not start despite it clearly not being a battery problem. The car was towed to the dealer. This occurred on a Saturday. On Monday when they inspected the vehicle it started with no problem. They ran a computer diagnostic check and found no faults. I was told to drive the vehicle until it "acted up again". twelve days later it would not start again. I had it towed to the dealer who determined that the starter motor needed to be replaced. I find it amazing that I needed to wait until the car broke down again in order to determine what wrong with the vehicle. Clearly there were issues and simply running a computer test was not sufficient.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 202008

Grand Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee continues to stall (total loss of all electrical) when driving. Generally this happens when I am coasting. I have taken my Jeep to the dealership twice after repeatedly having this happen, but the dealership cannot get the problem to duplicate itself. I see now this stalling problem is happening on other model Jeep, something the dealership did not bother to mention. I am very concerned the problem is going to lead to an accident.

- Roswell, GA, USA

Sep 172007

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4. While driving at any speed, the vehicle shuts down completely and has to be restarted. The vehicle has been to the dealer 4 times and they cannot duplicate the failure. The current mileage was 8,976 and failure mileage was 6,879. Updated 12/07/07.

- Hopewell Junction, NY, USA