2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Apr 072014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I received a recall approx. 4 months ago regarding the brakes. I attempted to make an appt. With somerset Chrysler because they are closer to my home than where I purchased Jeep. They said they had to order the part and would call me when it came in. When I didn't receive a call 2 1/2 months later, I called them and was told the replacement was also recalled and they had to order again. It is another 6 weeks and I have not received a call and have now received another recall for the visor. I thought we could go to any Chrysler dealer but I guess this dealer did not get that memo because they are ignoring my attempts to get this repaired. I hope nothing happens before they decide to get onboard and fix this.

- Fall River, MA, USA

May 062014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Winnetka, IL, USA

Jun 112014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact was concerned for his safety. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ware, MA, USA

May 162013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I received a letter stating that the brake booster on my Jeep may prematurely corrode. I called the dealer where I purchased the Jeep--bob poynter Chrysler Dodge Jeep Hyundai--and they told me to bring it in and they would get it fixed. I was told they checked the booster and it was O.K., but they wanted to change it anyways. They told me they would call when the parts came in. The service dept. Didn't call, so 3 weeks later, I called them and asked about it. I was told the service dept. Could only order 1 at a time and I would be put on a list. I received another recall letter and called the service dept. About it 3 weeks later and asked about the parts for the brake booster. I was told the ones that had been replaced were recalled and now they're even further behind and would call when the parts came in-again.

- Vernon, IN, USA

May 202014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical wiring, vanity light). However, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

May 212014

- Syosset, NY, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Alanson, MI, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I received a recall notice several weeks ago about an issue with the brakes on my car. Dealer told me they have an 11 page waiting list for parts to correct this problem. The Chrysler group recall center told me they are releasing 1 part every 14 days to their dealers. I am concerned that this recall will not get done for many more months and I'm concerned about driving my vehicle.

- Lake Winola, PA, USA

Aug 122014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Received notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000. Took vehicle to dealer for inspection early June to have inspected to see if new brake booster system was needed or just shield. Dealer informed only shield was needed. Dropped vehicle off with an appointment before a road trip on August 12, 2014. I was informed after (around 8/16/14) I returned from road trip that brake booster and cylinder were actually needed and more time was needed for repair. Dealer would not give me rental as none were available. Finally got rental middle of following week after taking off work again. Parts delivery eta expedited to 9/1/14. Received call 8/28/14 indicating vehicle repair done. I was required to return rental before I could verify work on vehicle. Returned rental, took delivery of vehicle. Brake pedal went all the way to floor. Almost caused me to hit two other vehicles in the dealer's parking lot. Service advisor informed me this is normal with the recall replacement parts. I disagree so advisor has technician drive it and agree with me that it isn't normal. I am informed ABS system needs to be bled a few more times. Had to go home again and return later to pick up vehicle again. This time it was ok. Completely unreasonable amount of time for parts, had to take off many days of work, and dealer had no empathy for situation. This is in addition to having to fight for a rental. Now, a few days after having received my vehicle back, vehicle has loud tick on startup and while driving louder than radio, but I could not replicate at dealer. Service advisor didn't seem to believe me about tick and I was told hemi engines typically tick. This is not my first vehicle or my first experience with a hemi engine. It isn't normal. No interest in servicing vehicle and informed me to bring it back when it was making the tick sound. I've tried twice and I can't get it to happen at dealer.

- Eagle, ID, USA

Sep 022014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact attempted to have the vehicle repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic), but was informed that the part was not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in April of 2014, a remedy should have been available before September of 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Lynwood, IL, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I received a recall from Chrysler in reference to a safety recall for my vehicle. The problem is specific to the brake booster in that the shell may ingest water in wet conditions (rain, snow, fog, washing the car, etc.) which would totally disable any braking function for the vehicle. The instructions were to take to my dealer for repair which I did months ago. Several months later the parts necessary to repair have not been delivered and every dealership I checked with have a 200+ waiting list of customers waiting for repair parts to be delivered. I've call Chrysler's support line listed on the recall notice several times and the only response I get is that parts are on the way, which is the same response I've received for months! who do they have making these parts that is taking so long, and isn't losing all braking capabilities important enough to move up on the priority list"?"

- Mount Pleasant, WI, USA

May 262014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Aug 262014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician notified the contact that the parts to perform the recall repairs were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded the reasonable amount of time for the vehicle to be repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Burlington, NJ, USA

Aug 262014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the parts needed to perform the recall repairs were not available. The contact believed that the manufacturer had exceeded the reasonable amount of time to provide the recall repairs.the manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The dealer informed the contact that only a limited amount of parts were being made available to each dealer. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experience the failure.

- Spokane, WA, USA

Aug 212014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I received a recall notice for the brake booster in May. I called my dealership in early June and they told me they were not receiving parts to fix this in a timely manner and I had to go on a 12 page waiting list. I called today to find out the status (2 months later) and they could not find me on the list and told me they would put me at the bottom again. This is not acceptable - when a recall is made, the manufacturer needs to have the parts available to service these vehicles and the dealership should have a better way of keeping track of things than a handwritten list. The dealer told me it isn't a problem since it's not yet freezing out, but if I have to wait months again as I already have - it will be winter and not safe to drive the vehicle.

- Verona, WI, USA

Aug 082014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while waiting at a traffic light, the vehicle began to reverse although the brakes were engaged. The contact mentioned that she had to apply pressure to the brake pedal in order for the vehicle to stop. The failure recurred twice. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000.

- Spencer, VA, USA

Aug 112014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The dealer stated that they were only receiving one brake booster per week and there were approximately 800 consumers on the waiting list. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sherborn, MA, USA

Apr 152014

Grand Cherokee

Recall P14/NHTSA 14V-154 made appointment with my Jeep dealer, premier cape cod in hyannis, MA (508) 815-5000 many months ago when I received the recall notice in the mail. I have called the dealer every two or three weeks since only to be told that it will be two more weeks. Two weeks never seems to come and I am concerned about my safety driving this vehicle.

- East Orleans, MA, USA

Jun 112014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jul 312014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The dealer did not know when the parts would arrive. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Darby, MT, USA