1. replaced window regulator (32 reports)
  2. make a recall! (18 reports)
  4. keep replacing them (17 reports)
  5. fixed window regulator (11 reports)
  6. bolt window in up position-better than tape (5 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Jan 112011

Liberty Limited 3.2L V6

typical problem, passenger window regulator broke 3/12. see next complaint.

- , New Smyrna Beach, FL, USA

Jul 042012

Liberty Sport 3.2L

This is the fifth time in the eight years I've owned this Jeep that I've had this problem. It has less than 60,000 miles on it. All of the window's regulators have failed, and this is the beginning of round two. The first failed in less than 3 years and all the others failed before I'd owned it for 7 years. I luckily bought an extended 7 year warranty and while the bill was around $400 for each window regulator replacement at the local dealer here in Torrance, CA , I only had to pay $50. This will be the first one I have to pay totally out of pocket. This problem is posted all over the web and seems to effect only Libertys that were built after 2003. Lucky me! Chrysler obviously knows about the problem and has no intention of fixing it. Before I owned this car I had no idea that window regulators ever went out. My nephew drives my old 14 year old Toyota, which has over 100,000 miles on it and although it looks every day of it's 14 years, all the windows still work! At 54 I've owned multiple cars. This is only my second American made vehicle and that's why I bought it. I'm currently looking for a new one and I won't make that mistake again. Hello Honda, Toyota, Mazda....

- , Torrance, CA, USA

Apr 022008

Liberty Limited V6

Jeep should recall the window regulators ON ALL THEIR VEHICLES!

I had the right side passenger window fixed four times while under warranty, and twice after the warranty was out--now there is a piece of a vacuum cleaner holding up the window--on both sides of the car.

They extended the warranties on new models with the same issue, but not the older ones. Not that I trust the dealers--they quoted me 1500,00 to fix control arms that were under recall!!!!

- , Hollywood, FL, USA

May 042012

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Last Friday the left rear window when I attempted to raise it something broke and it would not go up or down. The motor sounded like it was working but something came unconnected. Then on that same afternoon when I attempted to raise the front passenger side window there was a loud bang and the window dropped into the door. I was unable to retrieve the glass until I took the door panel off. I was able to raise the window for security reasons and wedge a screwdriver handle between the glass and the frame. I then took the vehicle into Chrysler and had them repair these broken parts. They replaced both window regulators which were $101.73 each and the labor was $364.61. The service technician said they (Chrysler) has had a 'lot' of trouble with these regulators...especially on the 2006 and 2007 Jeep Liberties and Grand Cherokees. Chrysler came out in 2006 and replaced all broken regulators (and there were a lot) but that didn't help the customers that had 2003, 2004 and 2005 Liberties. We got stuck paying for a defective or faulty part which Chrysler knew was a problem before 2006 models started having problems. I think...and I will join into a lawsuit with others...Chrysler should replace all broken or defective model years.

- , Reno, NV, USA

Jan 012012

It's a pain, because only way for rear seat passenger to exit vehicle is for someone else to get out and open door. Window also will not go down.

- , Washington, DC, USA

Oct 012010

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Happy Layoff! less than two months after being let go from my job, another window fails. lovely. economy bad and now this! frustration level is already high and they tell me there is no aftermarket part to replace it. and the mechanic i've been taking my business to has closed up shop. back to the dealer i go.

Apr 012011

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

driver's window, passenger's window, rear or front. it doesn't matter. i do know that silver duck tape doesn't come off windows very easily no matter what kind of weather you are having. it looks horrible and it's very sticky. and very ridiculous.

Jun 012009

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

this was the first time one of the windows failed. if memory serves, it was the driver's side rear window. it was annoying but didn't think anything of it after i got it fixed. if i knew then what i know now, i would have already bought a different vehicle.

Jun 012010

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

brought the car home from getting the window regulator fixed and a different window fell down. so i went right back to the dealership to get the stupid thing fixed.

Feb 292012

Liberty Renegade Limited 3.7L

A month ago the passenger side window regulator broke, now the drivers side has broken. Another $287.00 to fix it. Others have paid more but luckily I have a friend at a garage who can fix it and save a little on the bill. From what I understand this is an ongoing problem with the Jeep Liberty.

Nov 012010

Liberty 3.2L

I'm complaining on something to do with the windows of my 2004 jeep liberty. apparently jeep has never fixed a plastic piece that affects the window from falling into the door because of a little plastic piece and its is now affecting the locking and unlock mechanical functions of the window and doors.

- , Merritt Island, FL, USA

Feb 132012

Liberty Limited V6

Rear window regulator failed on drivers month later, the front passenger window has the same failure. Jeep is more than aware of the issue. It is a safety issue and needs to be recalled.

- , Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jan 182012

Liberty Limited 3.7L

In 7 years...driver side front widow has dropped & regulator has been replaced 5 times. Drivers side rear replaced 4 times (currently broken and bolted shut!). Passenger side rear replaced once. Total cost to replace a poorly designed defective part $2,500.00. WHY??? This is utterly ridiculous. Part is guaranteed for a breaks in 13 months. Is this a conspiracy by Jeep? I will never by a Jeep product for this reason alone (other than that I LOVE MY JEEP). Enough is enough! I will drive with all my windows bolted shut before I spend another penny on a defective part!!!!!

- , Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Oct 242011

Liberty Sport V6

I'm sick and tired of having this repeat problem after paying $300 three times for the same thing. Jeep needs to man up and recall the parts. I'm seeking legal counsel.

- , White Hall, AR, USA

Jul 052011

Liberty LX 3.7L V6

We had loved this car so much we bought another one. Since the windows fall down, I’m very disgusted and I highly regret partnering up with a jeep product. They should change the name to "CHEAP" as in "it falls apart easily." I was enthused to buy American yet I feel like I'm being taken advantage of by schemers and rip offs.

I'm calling today to look for a recall or some help with this problem

- , Peoria, AZ, USA

Sep 042011

Ditto to all others. These windows suck bad and i'm on my 4th repair...the back 2 windows are wedged shut with wood (yeah, that's safe for the kids). Now the front ones are f*cked up again excuse my French and I'm wedging some PVC pipe in because I can't afford to keep buying the stupid damn regulators that are the stupidest damn design whoever this engineering team was should be sued class action by us.

- , Fwb, FL, USA

Dec 202010

Liberty Limited V6

This is the second time that both back windows has fallen while in parking lots. This time I decided to tied them up. I believe that this matter should be looked into & a recall to be corrected.

- , Toa Alta, PR, Puerto Rico

May 292011

I feel frustrated like everyone else who owns a jeep liberty. ALL THE FREAKING WINDOWS ARE FAILING TO STAY UP IN JEEP LIBERTY !! Chrysler should have to pay to fix them!!

So far my daughter's jeep has had 2 windows fail in the last 60 days.

- , Sapulpa, OK, USA

Jul 262011

Liberty Limited V6

The back passenger winow has fallen down, black plastic piece broke and regulator broke, this is the 5th time in 3 years. Also one time when it happened the front passenger fell at the same time. This has cost me a fortune, Why isn't Chrysler paying for this???????? Several have posted the SAME problem!! The back window on mine is down right now with a large garbage bag on it!! Now I have to have it fixed AGAIN and I don't have the money!!!!!

- , Union Grove, AL, USA