2014 Jeep Patriot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Jeep Patriot:

2014 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 192013

Patriot 4-cyl

I purchased this 2014 Patriot four weeks ago with, I have not even made a first payment. Yesterday while driving in a parking lot my Jeep lost all power. I was shifted into drive and would hit the gas pedal and nothing would happen. There was absolutely no warning that is was going to stall, no indicator lights ever turned on. I placed the Jeep in park and turned off the ignition. Turned it back on, it was not immediate there was some lag on the start and was able to drive it again. I took it to my local dealership today to be inspected after a few hours they told me they could find nothing wrong and sent me on my way. I have investigated further and found that the 2011/2012 models have been investigated for this same problem in the past. This is a terrifying and dangerous occurrence that must be resolved. I am now fearful that this will reoccur in much more congested or high speed conditions.

- Winter Park , FL, USA