8.0

2003 Kia Sorento engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Kia Sorento:

2003 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Nov 122014

Sorento

I purchased a 2003 Kia Sorento 4 wheel drive with only 47,000 miles for my daughter, the truck was in great condition. After a month of driving, the truck keeps stalling. My daughter took it to the KIA dealer on Long Island Sunrise Highway, they told her it was a fuel pump, the cost was 2500 dollars. A week later, the same problem, car started to stall. We took it back Kia and they told us nothing wrong with the truck.

This truck is very dangerous. I have made bad investments in the past but nothing like this, it seems the KIA wants nothing to do with this problem. I just can't believe that KIA and a big dealership will not stand behind their product. Are they waiting for someone to get seriously injured first? That's what it seems to me.

I have no choice but to get rid of this truck but I will not sell privately, I have a conscience, unlike KIA.

Everyone who is looking to buy a KIA product, I would think twice.

- , Massapequa, NY, USA

Nov 012013

Sorento EX 4 cyl

Car runs great but it starts to die out around 3800 rpm. Sputters like it is starving for gas

- , Liberty, NC, USA