2014 Kia Sorento seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sorento:

2014 Kia Sorento Owner Comments

Dec 282014

When driving vehicle upon coming to stop when you step on brake to stop car the shoulder strap of seat belt will not engage unless a certain amount of pressure is used, and, even then it will not engage all the time.the technation said this is the way the shoulder strap works.I work for usps and when we come to a stop I vehicles steat belts lock you in place.

- Suitland, MD, USA

Jul 022014

I have 2 convertible car seats in the back seat of my Sorento. One car seat is behind the driver and one behind the passenger seat, both are rear facing. They are secured using the seat belts, not latch, due to weight limits per the car seat manual. The seatbelts securing the car seats have been releasing on their own while driving, both while my children were in their car seats and without my children. Most recently, I was making a left turn from a stop at a stop light when I heard one of the car seats sliding on the seat of the car. I immediately pulled over to buckle the seat back in. This has happened a total of 6 times behind the passenger and 2 times behind the driver in the past month- month and a half. The car seats have been in another vehicle and did not have this problem. I called Kia 2 times and took my car to the local dealership. The local dealership had a technician buckle the seat belt and pull on it. They told me nothing was wrong, there is nothing they can do and sent us on our way. Kia then told me that there is really nothing they can do either if they cannot see what is happening. I voiced my concern about getting into an accident and this happens, what will happen to my children? the car seat itself is only safe if properly secured in the car. Kia did not sound very concerned and told me I needed to replicate this in front of a service technician at the dealership. This happens sporadically while I am driving. I find this to be a huge safety concern and am very unhappy with how Kia is handling it.

- Harleysville, PA, USA