2007 Lexus ES 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Jul 252016

ES 350

Takata recall: Since this car is the primary family car transporting several family members, it is not reasonable to recommend we do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat. Let me know how to go about getting a loaner car until this recall is resolved.

- Eldersburg, MD, USA

May 232016

ES 350

Takata recall Lexus filed dir (defect information report) on May 23, 2016, notification received in mail July 2016, still no remedy available. Lexus has failed to remedy the defect within a reasonable time.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jun 212016

ES 350

Recall on airbag in front passenger

- Greenville, SC, USA

Jul 142016

ES 350

Takata recall -- the dealer told me that the remedy will not be available until the second quarter of 2017. They suggest I not allow passengers in the front passenger seat until then. If this is true, any passenger I allow in that seat will be in jeopardy for the next 10 to 11 months which seems unreasonable. Is there any way to expedite this?

- Escondido, CA, USA

May 042016

ES 350

Takata recall: Received recall for my Lexus ES 350. It is our family vehicle with only 45000 miles on it. We have no other automobile to safely travel in as a family. The current solution is for us to wait for a solution? I live in Alabama which is hot and humid. I need to know what Lexus is going to do to provide my family a safe and comfortable way of transportation.

- Sweet Water, AL, USA

Jul 222016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable period for recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Jul 222016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hunnington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012007

ES 350

Takata recall: The takata airbag problem should be removed immediately. I did not buy a 1 seated front seat car and this is what I'm forced to drive now. When is my airbag going to be replaced?

- Arnold, MD, USA

ES 350

10885689- sterling mccall Lexus representatives say that it is a "courtesy " and "not mandated by the NHTSA" to provide a replacement vehicle. I was also informed that "I must have full insurance coverage to lease a car". (I have a 5 passenger 2007 Lexus ES, which is paid in full) it is not required that I have full insurance coverage with the state of tx. This will cost more money. Lexus is concerned with their own economics and not with consumer safety by presenting hardships, making it difficult and taking advantage of customers in providing replacement vehicles for owners who need their vehicles to provide a decent living, who are on a budget, financially challenge.

- Stafford, TX, USA

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 122016

ES 350

Received a letter in the mail

- El Paso, TX, USA

ES 350

On 7/18/16 approximately 1655 I contacted sterling mccall Lexus, houston Texas requested an alternative transportation option or a loaner vehicle due recall of front passenger airbag inflator, and also stating that I was in zone a. non-use of the passenger front seat is not an option for me and my family. I was informed that no loaner or replacement vehicle would be offered until parts are available. Representative stated that this information was per service manager (larry). I requested to speak to larry and was transferred and a voice message was left. I am scheduled to drive out of town Wednesday and will need a vehicle to accommodate 5 passengers.

- Staffford, TX, USA

ES 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Jul 112016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact received a recall notification for the air bags, but the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The NHTSA campaign number was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Utland, CA, USA

Jun 082015

ES 350

The contact owned a 2007 Lexus ES350. While driving at an unknown highway speed, the brake pedal was depressed, but failed to engage without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was towed and destroyed. The contact stated that failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under an unknown manufacturer's recall. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 07E082000 (equipment) and 09V388000 (vehicle speed control). The failure mileage was not available.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Sep 162014

ES 350

I had an accident that was very severe and airbags did not deploy. I filed a complaint with Lexus and did not get a satisfactory answer. I felt the impact through the steering wheel. All I want to know why airbags did not deploy. Please help me with that.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Apr 032014

ES 350 6-cyl

Low oil light came on..still had 400 miles on sticker..took to Lexus dealer, advised them I noticed oil leaks on my driveway& please check any problems with why my light should be on..Lexus changed oil, filter &inspection..said all is good..3 weeks later less than 2 blocks from home..engine oil light came on, stopped to turn onto my road.low oil pressure, than hit driveway vsc on..there have been numerous complaints w/both Lexus & Toyota (Lexus.limited service campaign 923 lsc 9lh). My engine is now ruined.cost est to repair..$6,000 to $10,000. Purchashed from a Toyota dealer..neither the Lexus dealership nor the Toyota dealership are willing to help..both are aware of this plastic..vvti oil hose and has replaced with a metal line..on later models....I have had the car for 93 days. I also have the accelerator issue (sticking)..not told this when I purchased car and faulty passenger air bags and faulty brake pads..this is not only total dishonesty, but had I been on a long bridge that I had just crossed..I would have driven off the bridge, as the steering locked up!! please any help/assistance will be appreciated.I am having to rent a car, as I work on the road every day..I thank you so very much, in advance!! blessings

- Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA

Feb 172013

ES 350 6-cyl

I was hit by a truck at an intersection on the drivers side. My upper body hit the steering wheel on the left side and then hit the side door panel. There was no airbag deployment either in the door or on the steering wheel. Prior to this the car was in two other accidents and the airbags never deployed. Because there were no injuries I did not report this. Due to this accident I suffered a total shoulder separation and sever neck injury. Pending surgery at this time.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 082013

ES 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph and coming to a stop, another vehicle suddenly crashed into the rear end of the vehicle with substantial force. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was completely destroyed and a police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the collar bone, shoulder, and left leg. In addition, there were bruises and lacerations to the shoulder. The front seat passenger sustained injuries to both wrists and the shoulder. The vehicle was towed to a collision center. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Oct 012008

ES 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The passenger air bag light began illuminating upon starting the vehicle while she was seated in the front passenger seat. The failure recurred intermittently, but only when she was seated in the front passenger seat. Other passengers could sit in the seat without the failure recurring. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on numerous occasions where the computer system was reset. The failure continued to recur so the vehicle was taken back to an authorized dealer where the computer occupant detection sensor was replaced. The failure continued to recur so the vehicle was again taken to an authorized dealer where the front passenger seat was replaced. The failure continued to occur. The failure mileage was 12,000 and the current mileage was 37,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA