2007 Lexus ES 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 012008

ES 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. The passenger air bag light began illuminating upon starting the vehicle while she was seated in the front passenger seat. The failure recurred intermittently, but only when she was seated in the front passenger seat. Other passengers could sit in the seat without the failure recurring. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer on numerous occasions where the computer system was reset. The failure continued to recur so the vehicle was taken back to an authorized dealer where the computer occupant detection sensor was replaced. The failure continued to recur so the vehicle was again taken to an authorized dealer where the front passenger seat was replaced. The failure continued to occur. The failure mileage was 12,000 and the current mileage was 37,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Sugar Hill, GA, USA

Dec 232009

ES 350

I own a 2007 Lexus ES 350 and was on the 10 fwy in the fast lane (third lane) and a car stopped for no reason and no traffic. I tried to stop and my floor mat slid forward and my car went faster and I tried to stop and push on the brake and the car was not stopping. I could not control my car and stopped into the back of a mini van. My car had to be towed away and when I called the claim to my aaa insurance company the insurance rep let me know that there was a recall on my car and I never received any letter or notice in regards to a recall this happened on 12/23/09 and I am a mother of three children and the tow truck driver let me know this could have killed me. My air bags did not deploy.

- Covina, CA, USA

Jan 012006

ES 350 6-cyl

This complaint is not about a specific 'incident'. the complaint is that the passenger airbag is sometimes on and sometimes off when my wife rides in the front passenger seat. As she is about 110 pounds, we think that it should be on all the time for her.

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Dec 312007

ES 350 6-cyl

I'm having various problems with my Lexus ES350 as follows: The transmission slips and I feel the car accelerates by itself while I'm driving. The parking assistant system alerts me when any obstacles are near my car. The front passenger airbag indication is off when an adult sits there.

- Rowland Heights, CA, USA

May 302007

ES 350 6-cyl

2007 Lexus ES350-1-adult passenger sat in the front seat and I notice that the airbag off indicator light was on. 2- I have experienced a dangerous sudden surge of acceleration when braking, even with all weather mat properly secured. I believe the surge may be a software and/or sensor flaw. 3- when the engine is first started (cold-after sitting), the mechanical engine noise is very pronounced as if proper lubrication is not occurring.

- Cornwall On Hudson, NY, USA

Jun 052007

ES 350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. He received a letter regarding a class action law suit pertaining to the year, make and model of his vehicle for the airbags. He stated that he was instructed to submit a complaint. There had been no failure to date. The current mileage was 4,500.

- Tamarack, FL, USA

Jul 072006

ES 350 6-cyl

The passenger front air bag does not read on all the time when a passenger is in the seat. It keeps reading off and on while driving. Could stay off for 30 minutes, go on to two minutes and then go off again.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jul 012006

ES 350 6-cyl

Passenger front air bag on my new 2007 ES350 Lexus goes off and on continuously, giving no protection in case of an accident if off. Lexus said they have no fix for it and I first reported it in July 2006. They have had their engineers, service managers, etc. Check it at my house and their place and cannot find the problem.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA