2.3

2001 Mazda 626 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mazda 626:

2001 Mazda 626 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Aug 212001

626 4-cyl

2001 Mazda 626 LX transmission. Transmission problems: Shift hunting, lurching, inability to select gears, vibration, noise, harsh starts, slow starts, chugging, slipping. Second transmission in vehicle (dealer/warranty rebuilt transmission installed by dealer).

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Jul 212003

626

Consumer has been experiencing problems with transmission. Owner took vehicle to dealer for repairs several times, only to have a rebuilt transmission installed at 5000 miles, and it is worse than the original transmission.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

May 012003

626

The transmission burn out and the vehicle would not shift at all.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 242003

626

While traveling on the highway, the transmission burned out.

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 012001

626

My name is aise cannon but the car is under my father's name, calvin cannon. He bought the car for me. The gears sometimes will not engage and when I am finally able to switch gears the car will jerk about a foot back, and I've only had the car 3 months.

- Opelika, AL, USA