CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2007 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2.5

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA3:

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Oct 032016

MAZDA3

The rear brake light housing in my 2007 Mazda 3 hatchback is melting. It is the top red light on both sides. These are stock brake lights and have never been replaced. The dealership will not replace for free even though this is a design flaw and safety issue from Mazda. Upon further research of this issue, there are many Mazda 3 owners who also have this issue and have run into the same road blocks on getting it fixed by Mazda.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jun 232015

- Brookhaven, GA, USA

May 012015

MAZDA3

Someone ran up to my car at a stop light to tell me that both of my brake lights were out. Not sure how long I have been driving around with no brake lights. I took car to shop and they said that the brake bulbs had burst and melted my tail light assemblies, presumably due to overheating. I know this is a manufacturers issue because a) I just replaced my tail light assemblies 3 months ago for the same exact issue and B) I did a quick online search and saw that many other people have had the same issue with their Mazda 3 hatchbacks, tails lights melting, bulbs busting etc. This is a safety concern because people can be driving around for extended periods of time with both brake lights out and not know it, leading to rear ending accidents. I drive around multiple times a day with my baby in my car. I would be furious if I got I got rear ended while she was in the car because of something like this.

- Annandale , VA, USA

Nov 042014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

A few months after we bought our Mazda 3 we noticed the bulbs blew out well come to find out our lenses were melting and it got so hot the socket and bulb burst so we took it to the place we bought it and they warrantied them out well guess what the tail lenses we got replaced melted again and blew out the bulbs. We took our car to Mazda and the technicians found nothing wrong, no ground problem. Well we took it back to the place we bought it thinking they'd be able to warranty them out since they're less than a year well the lady wouldn't do it. Now I am stuck with my spoiler brake light and the passenger. So we decided to replace the brake switch and so far our passenger side hasn't blown out. I suggest replacing it and seeing what happens. It is a $30 part. Tonight I am buying new lenses and praying. I went through 4 bulbs in the driver and 3 bulbs in passenger. I need help figuring this out because $8 for a pack of bulbs every week is ridiculous.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 072014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The brake light housing (amber lens) was heated by the bulb to such a degree that the lens itself melted onto the bulb. We are not entirely sure when this happened and may have been ongoing for quite some time. Upon inspection by an experienced automotive technician, it was confirmed that the bulbs were the correct model and had been installed correctly. Some of the plastic had melted down onto the bulb itself and could potentially become a fire hazard. This problem impacted both driver and passenger sides, with the driver side appearing more significantly melted. After a quick search on Mazda forums, this appears to be an issue experienced by many owners of 2007 Mazda 3 models, but only those in the hatchback configuration.

- Edmonds, WA, USA

Sep 012013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

We just noticed that both tail/brake lights have melted holes in the surrounding inside red plastic lens. The bulbs are the originals as are the lens. The heat is now starting to affect the outside clear cover. The outside covers are still intact, but look bubbly; the holes in the inner red lens let white light come out and it looks like we have back-up lights on continuously at night.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Dec 152012

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda Mazda3 hatchback. The contact stated that he was advised by a law enforcement officer that the tail lights were not illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where they advised him that the tail lights were found melted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure and current mileages were approximately 42,000.

- Los Angelos, CA, USA

Jan 102011

MAZDA3

Every 3 months front headlight are replaced.

- Bellerose, NY, USA