- June 26: Mazda Owners Must Have Airbag Inflators Replaced Twice
- June 13: Mazda CX-9 Suspension Problems Under Investigation
- May 30: Canada, Japan and Australia Impacted By Takata Airbags
2006 Mazda MAZDA3
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2006 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.
If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.
Worst 2006 MAZDA3 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 6
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 6
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda MAZDA3 Model Years
Curious how the 2006 MAZDA3 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda MAZDA3 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the MAZDA3.