- August 15: Mazda Recalls CX-7, CX-9 and Mazda6 Over Takata Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 18 days ago
- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- June 29: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 and Mazda6 Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 49 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 60 days ago
2006 Mazda MAZDA3
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2006 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.
If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.
Worst 2006 MAZDA3 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems1
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 20
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 16
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 13
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda MAZDA3 Model Years
Curious how the 2006 MAZDA3 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda MAZDA3 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the MAZDA3.