- July 20: Government Closes Mazda CX-9 Brake Pedal Investigation
- June 24: Mazda Recalls 4 Models Over Exploding Air Bag Fears
- June 18: Mazda Tribute Recalled For Loss of Power Steering
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- May 16: Kia Sorento Exploding Sunroof Investigation Expanded
2006 Mazda MAZDA3
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2006 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.
If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.
Worst 2006 MAZDA3 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 21
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 13
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 12
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 11
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Mazda MAZDA3 Model Years
Curious how the 2006 MAZDA3 compares to other years?
Check out our Mazda MAZDA3 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the MAZDA3.