CarComplaints.com Notes: Except for a minor issue with cracked motor mounts, the 2007 MAZDA3 is a fantastic vehicle with a great reputation.

If you need to replace the motor mounts, first ask your dealer if they'll cover it -- the motor mounts were dealt with in a TSB & were recalled for some model years. Otherwise buy aftermarket motor mounts -- owners report this solves the problem. If you use the same OEM parts, they may just crack again.

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mazda MAZDA3:

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. the contact stated that the vehicle was taken to a mechanic for inspection due to two different air bag warning lights randomly illuminating. The vehicle was to be further tested and diagnosed to determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Feb 022016

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. for longer than a month, the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The dealer indicated that there may have been a loose wire and the vehicle would need to be scheduled for an appointment to inspect and diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. Updated 04/29/16 updated 10/05/16.

- Fernley, NV, USA

May 302015

MAZDA3

Main airbag light on dashboard comes on. When turning a corner.

- Lebanon, NH, USA

MAZDA3

The airbag warning light came on. A certified mechanic diagnosed the problem as having to do with the steering wheel airbag system. Mazda was contacted and refused to do anything about it. The airbags will not deploy in case of an accident while the warning light is on.

- Cary, NC, USA

Apr 082011

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I have an airbag light that came on. I took it to the dealer who did an estimate and told me a module in the driver side airbag in the steering wheel was no good and that a new airbag needed to be installed. They said until then non of my airbags would be working in the car. The cost was going to be between 1, 500-2, 000 to replace the part and reprogram the vehicle restraint control module. Due to the extreme cost, we chose to forgo the defective airbag replacement and have been driving our car for several years with no airbags working. It wasn't until the takata recall when it brought the issue to the forefront. It made me think that maybe this might be an issue happening in several Mazda 3's. after some research I find that yes I am definitely not the only person with this issue. It would be nice to see something done considering the high cost of replacing an extremely expensive part that should not have gone out that early.

- Ida, MI, USA

Feb 202015

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Cruising northbound on rt. 3 just beyond exit 5. the traffic was heavy.suddenly, with zero warning signs from the state highway maintenance crews, I entered a pot hole. Roughly 30-35 feet in length, 15 + feet in width and a variance in depth of 6"-12" I rode the pothole out and upon exiting the pothole to normal highway grade my vehicle lost control due to the 'bump' of the inconsistency from normal grade to a pothole in severe negligent disrepair. I slid for approx. 50-60 yards, speed remained between 60-65 mph. I struck a snowbank 12ft in height and the brunt of the first impact on my neck as my airbag did not deploy. I have spoken to the Mazda corporation, asked if they intended to investigate why the airbag did not deploy. They said, I have this conversation...both of them on record, it was not Mazda's responsibility to send a field agent to investigate why it did not deploy. The customer service rep. Was very quick to insist that it is my insurance company's job. I feel it was defective. Mainly I am bothered at the fact that Mazda has claimed, (on the record ) that they will not be sending a field agent to investigate a possible defect. I feel it is absolutely irresponsible on their part. It is something that most certainly must be looked into as I feel 100% that my injuries would have been much less had the air bag deployed upon the initial 60-65mph impact. There is exposed styrofoam from my front bumper and my fog lights are all nilly willy and hanging off the car along with 50% of the front fender. I can say that it is immensely negligent on Mazda's part to deny an investigation. They told me that is my insurance company's job, however, it's not because they did not manufacture the defective product, Mazda did. I am suffering a concussion and cervical musculoskeltal system damage, and truly feel my injuries would be lessened had the airbag deployed.

- Mattapoisett, MA, USA

Apr 172013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

There is an issue with the rear brake light assembly, the red plastic assembly melted into the break light bulbs causing both rear brake lights to burn out. Currently, both assembly have holes where the red plastic melted, this is a potential fire hazard. There is an issue with the front passenger side engine mount, it has been replaced three times and continues to fail, might an engineering defect on the engine mount. Finally, dashboard airbag indicator has turned on unexpectedly and has remained on ever since, might be defective part in the SRS airbag system.

- Norwalk , CA, USA

Oct 012014

MAZDA3

Dynamic stability control system malfunction. Drivers side air bag warning light illuminated on dash. Passenger air bag light is off.

- Rainier, WA, USA

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The airbag warning light came on and stayed on (thus disabling the system). Took it to a garage who tested it and said that it is due to a faulty part in the steering column. I called Mazda and they said they would do nothing about it. Airbags will not deploy in case of an accident until it is fixed.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jul 052014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My parents' 2007 Mazda 3 5 door hatchback was rear-ended while traveling at approximately 40 mph by a Ford edge SUV traveling at a higher rate of speed. The Mazda then hit the tall concrete divider nearly head-on, propelled forward by the initial impact. The Mazda was a total loss, sustaining moderate rear end damage and heavy front end damage. Both my mother (who was driving) and my father (in the front passenger seat) were injured and taken to the hospital. Both people were wearing their seat belts. Mom sustained a facial injury to the forehead, a contusion to her arm and a probable cracked sternum. Dad sustained two fractured ribs as confirmed at the hospital and other more minor injuries. I am concerned because none of the airbags on the car went off, and I would expect at least the front ones would have, considering how hard the frontal collision was when car hit the concrete barrier. I am concerned that their injuries would have been less severe if the airbags had gone off when the car hit the barrier. I did take pictures of the inside and outside of the car showing the damage and the interior with the airbags intact and unused.....updated 07/23/14

- Phila., PA, USA

Red air bag light on.

- Markham, OK, USA

Jun 202012

MAZDA3

Air bag light pass. Side came on.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jan 252012

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda Mazda3. The contact stated that while stopped at an intersection, another vehicle crashed into his front driver's side. The air bags did not deploy. An authorized dealer offered no assistance and the manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was awaiting a diagnostic test. A police report was also available. The failure and current mileages were 39,000.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Mar 112008

MAZDA3

In March 2008, my vehicle had warning lights turn on for both the seat belt and ABS system. The dealer cleared the code and checked the system for errors. No codes re-occurred and the car was returned to me. Subsequently in December 2008, the airbag light came on again. The dealer adjusted some wiring and cleared the light/code. Now in September 2011, the airbag light is on again.

- Bethel Park, PA, USA

Dec 242010

MAZDA3 4-cyl

I was on a local highway in western NY when I caught black ice. I was going approximately 45-55 mph/ the car went into a slide which I almost corrected out of but hit more black ice sending me into the guardrail. The front end of the car is smashed and I came to rest about 25 ft from where I impacted the guardrail. No air bags went off and I was not hurt. But at that speed the airbags should have deployed. I'm not seeking any compensation but from doing a bit of research I am finding that this has happened more than a few times. Maybe a recall is in order for the 2007 Mazda 3 4 dr sedan is in order?

- Rochester , NY, USA

Apr 172009

MAZDA3

I was stopped at a red light and a Toyota 4 runner rear-ended me at 35 - 40 mph. None of my airbags deployed.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

May 012010

MAZDA3

I was rear ended and my car hit another car. My air bags didn't come out.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Apr 172009

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2007 Mazda 3. while driving 35 mph, the contact's vehicle was rear-ended by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. Two passengers seated in the rear of the vehicle were taken to the hospital. The contact and another passenger were also injured. A police report was filed. The contact feels that the vehicle is unsafe and the manufacturer should be responsible. The current and failure mileages were 33,000.

- Queen Creek , AZ, USA

Jul 132007

MAZDA3 4WD 4-cyl

I crash my car Mazda 3 model, I flip the car five times and non of the airbags open, the car has crashed in all sites very badly. I injured my head and spine and I had internal bleeding on my left eye. I want from your company to give me advise you might need pictures of the car. The accident was in europe last July 2007. Thank you.

- Queens, NY, USA