2009 Mazda MAZDA3 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA3:

2009 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Jan 052015

My car does not have a key lock on the passenger side. The door can only be unlocked by the driver's side or by a key remote. I do not have a remote. Because the passenger side can only be opened by the driver's side this creates a risk of injury for the driver, as well as passengers who are dependent on the driver. For example, my mother is 80 years old and deaf. She needs assistance walking. When I need to unlock the car, I have to leave her unattended on the passenger side or bring her with me to the driver's side then walk back to the passenger side. Another example would be if I need to unlock my car when there heavy traffic on the street side (driver's side) before I can put my dog's in the car, I have to leave my dogs unattended, or bring them into the street with me. When traffic is heavy, my only method to unlock the car is to go into heavy traffic. I have noticed there are many car manufacturers not installing a key lock on the passenger side. I can't understand the reason for this other than saving on costs. Nowadays most car keys are coupled with a remote to unlock the car. However, if the remote should fail, the driver can only unlock the car from the driver's gain entry. This poses a dangerous risk to the driver and passengers. To replace a faulty remote costs approximately $150. I believe this approach to gain car entry is defective and can result in injury or death. There is a strong inference that car manufacturers are deliberately not installing a key lock on the passenger side to save on manufacturing costs and also make money by having the consumer buy a remote. I respectfully request you look into this matter. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA

Jan 202014

Red tail / brake light lenses are melted by bulb.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Mar 032010

Purchased vehicle on 7/09. On 1/6/10, vehicle failed to start, at first cranking with no engine start then complete discharge of systems (no cranking, no battery power whatsoever). Brought into dealership and was told "main relay" was defective and was the reason battery was not holding its charge. Relay was replaced. Same events again occurred on 3/3/10. Car remains in dealership for diagnosis & repair. Car remains inoperable when these events occur.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA