3.5

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Oct 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The ABS & dsc (dynamic stability control) instrument panel warning lights came on. I have had the car tested at a repair shop and two separate computer readouts show codes C0020, U0140 & U0140 (related to the ABS hydraulic unit). The shop provided service bulletin no. 04-002/13, last issued: 7/17/2013 related to this problem. I understand I may not have functional ABS or dsc but the brakes, while not having ABS, still function. I was advised this may be a very expensive repair but since it is a safety related issue, Mazda may fix the problem at no charge. I would argue that not having ABS or dsc is most certainly a safety issue and I should have received a recall notice. Please advise.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 232013

MAZDA3

I was driving to work. Road was wet. Vehicle gets in front of me and I had to turn quick to avoid hitting this vehicle. I lost control, luckily no one was injured. I know dsc is not supposed to replace a safe driver, but in an emergency situation like this it should of at least helped me out. It turned completely off. The dsc light came on permanently as well as the ABS light and the brake light. After turning the vehicle off then back on the lights came off. When I took the car to the Mazda dealer and was completely ignored by the service department as to the system having any problem at all. So I decide to go to an empty parking lot and tried to repeat the same emergency situation I was and indeed the system failed again. I went back to the Mazda dealer and showed them, and apparently the only solution to them is replace the dsc module. This would of been suficient for me if the system wasn't $700, and since my vehicle has 50000 miles on it and I no longer have their initial warranty effective, then it's a must strive situation. The only reason I'm complaining is because of the poor quality of this system, the hazardous situation it could compromise Mazda drivers and others around them, and the fact that Mazda is ignoring this despite thousands of customers complaining.

- Saint Petersburg , FL, USA