2012 Mazda MAZDA3 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mazda MAZDA3:

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

May 172015

My car was T-bone, it should not have been driven. My daughter was made to drive the damaged car home instead of using a tow truck to take it to the nearest body shop. The suspension was bent completely inwards (doughnut tire was used to drive the car home with a bent suspension). I was told by the insurance company to drive the car to the nearest shop they do business with, and I did. I asked the supervisor/adjuster to total the car before ever seeing the internal damage. I knew the car could not be repaired back to the way it was, almost new condition. We went back and forward about totaling the car. He refused to total only after pleading with him, he agreed to do so. After seeing the car stripped from lid of trunk, tires off, I saw the right tire completely bent inward. I was told it was supposed to be that way. I told the adjuster I did not want the car that it is destroyed, again I asked him to total the car. He said no, the car could be repaired. I was assured by the body shop owner that he would repair it back 100%. he did not. The shop kept my car approx. 2 months from the 15 days promised to be fixed. I picked up the car on 6/24/15. My daughter and I examined it and the back seat pulled away from the back and base of the seat; would not stay locked down. It pulled completely away from the back, out, and up; tail lights did not work; suspension was unbalanced, the car pulled left. The right suspension was lower about 5/8" lower than the left suspension; nail in tire which made the tire sensor light stay on; car smelled offer inside; it was not washed before given back to me; paint had dripped and dried up at the base of the car where repair work had been done; right door did not align; back panel did not align; suspension was not coated, left to rust out; radio had beeping sound when changing stations; my daughter has 13 month old who rides in the car.

- Midway, FL, USA

Feb 102014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Took delivery of 2012 Mazda3 I grand touring with 19,293miles on it. Noticed driver's seat rocked back and fourth under acceleration and braking. Took it back to the dealer where I got it and was told to take it to Mazda dealer as it was still under warranty. Took the vehicle to local Mazda dealer on Feb 17 2014 and they noticed the rocking in the seat and replaced the seat track. After replacing the track, the seat still rocked and the dealer acknowledged the fact it was still doing it. They contacted Mazda technical support who got back with them today, Feb 21 2014, and Mazda tech support said it is normal for the seat to do this. I find it very uncomfortable that every time I hit the brakes my seat rocks forward, what's going to happen in an accident" is the seat going to hold up" I hope someone takes a hard look at this issue, there are numerous accounts of this all over the Mazda3 forums as well, with similar responses from Mazda. I personally think it's a safety issue.

- Manassas, VA, USA