2013 Mazda MAZDA3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mazda MAZDA3:

2013 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments

Mar 312016

Headlights pulse, like others have stated when decelerating, as in coming down a hill while gently braking. I am putting the latest date of occurrence, but its been going on since about summer of 2015. Would like this resolved.

- Charleston, WV, USA

Oct 022014

Driving at night and the vehicle decelerates and apply brakes (which is more noticeable) the headlights flicker. I have had people think I'm a police officer behind them, also had vehicles pull out in front of me because they thought I was flashing my lights for them to go. I have taking the car into Mazda dealer have looked at as well as where I purchased the car from and they have yet to say what's wrong or even fix it. If you disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes it stops flickering for a day or so, but starts back up and at time been worse than previous times.

- Lonoke, AR, USA

Jul 262015

7/26/15 6:15 pm I went to a family friend's house. I pulled up into his main driveway, turned to the left to a dirt drive way it had about a 3% grade incline. I pulled my E break, put into 1st gear and turned off my car and got out, got my daughter out of the car and walked up to the house with my wife and daughter. With the intent to only stay at our friends house for about 15 mins. We were outside chatting at our friends house about 15 mins and looking to head out when my wife yells for my attention! I turn around and see my car rolling backwards towards the main driveway and down into a ravine about 20 ft down. Of course this is a huge shock to my life! we are very lucky that my daughter or dog was not waiting in the car, as we were only picking up an item from our friends house. The issue I have is, why did the vehicle roll backwards while in gear and with the E break pulled. The vehicle should not have moved. I need to know if there is another event that this has happened, and I need to have all the factory recalls and deficiencies with the E break. This was a very scary moment, and I am still in shock with this situation that should not have happened.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

May 132015

Brake calipers and pistons were defected and wouldn't release after you released the brake. The wheels had to be moving for the brakes the be releases. Causing the the brake pads to grind down to nothing and have metal on metal contact. It was worse in the front then the back. I received all new brake calipers because they couldn't be fixed.

- Edh, CA, USA

Apr 052014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Driving down the street at 15 mph, the car in front of myself had slowed down and stopped at a light. When I seen she was stopping, I pressed down my brakes so I would stop but the brake peddle pushed all the way to the floor. My car didn't stop. From this I had rear-ended the vehicle in front of me. After the accident, the brakes were tested again and resulted in the peddle still being pushed down to the floor.

- Swansea, MA, USA