8.0

2. replace engine (1 reports)
2003 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mazda MAZDA6:

2003 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Oct 012015

MAZDA6 I

SOMETIMES WHILE STOPPED AT LIGHTS, MY 2003 MAZDA 6 4 CYLINDER i SEDAN BEGINS TO STALL. THE RPM'S DROP LIKE IT'S GOING TO ALMOST STALL, THE ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES QUICKLY THEN GOES OUT AND THE ENGINE CATCHES AGAIN AND GOES BACK TO REALATIVE NORMAL. BROUGHT INTO DEALER AND THEY COULD FIND NOTHING WRONG (NO COMPUTER CODES GENERATED), BUT DID FIND A BUSTED ENGINE MOUNT AND CHARGED $300+ DOLLARS. SAME THING HAPPENED A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER AND BROUGHT IT BACK A SECOND TIME. DEALER SAID THEY DID GET A COUPLE OF CODES AND NEEDED TO CHANGE A VALVE. THAT WAS $400+ DOLLARS! SAME PROBLEM OCCURRED ONE WEEK LATER AND THIS TIME THEY SAID I NEEDED A NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD! ANOTHER $800!!! MY CAR HAS BEEN AT THE DEALER A WEEK AND A HALF AND STILL IS NOT READY. FIRST, SHOULD IT TAKE A WEEK AND A HALF TO PUT IN A NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD AND CLEAN OUT CARBON DEPOSITS? SECOND, WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE WITH MAZDA/DEALER IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS? DOES IT SOUND LIKE THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE CAR OR HAVE NO CLUE AND JUST JERKING ME AROUND FOR MORE MONEY? PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR MAZDA 6!!

- , South Riding, VA, USA

Dec 312013

MAZDA6

The engine just blew. Thought my car was just telling me that I needed to change my oil. I was on my way to get it changed and all the lights on the dash lit up and next thing I know the engine cuts out. The engine completely locked up. To this day they don't know what happened. But it was cheaper to buy a refurbished engine than to get a new car

- , Bellevue, NE, USA