4.7

2004 Mazda MAZDA6 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mazda MAZDA6:

2004 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments

Dec 222006

MAZDA6 4-cyl

Driving on a highway from Chicago to Wisconsin I noticed a knock in my engine that turned into 2 thrown pistons through my engine block. I work for a crash test facility. Cars are a daily component in my life. The engine had 45,000 miles on it and Mazda rejected my warranty claim. I ended up settling with the dealership and transferring my loan to a used car. I wanted to post this occurrence of engine failure to make sure it wasn't a common occurrence.

- Burlington, WI, USA

Dec 012004

MAZDA6

Consumer requesting information to be included in Mazda owners manual. That vehicle may cut out or lose power, etc. While driving. The consumer requested to have information added to the manual regarding the consumers need to watch RPM's and let off of the gas before the engine gets to the red line and shuts itself down. When the throttle is fully depressed while passing, the engine downshifts as it is supposed to but will never upshift again until the driver consciously pats the accelerator to make it upshift or the engine hits the redline on the RPM module.

- Crossett, AR, USA