2009 Mazda MAZDA6 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mazda MAZDA6:

2009 Mazda MAZDA6 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 242014

My 2009 Mazda 6 also has a melting dashboard, causing a glare on the windshield.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Mar 012013

MAZDA6 4-cyl

My front dashboard is melting. The dashboard is sticky to the touch and very shiny and reflects the suns glare.

- Largo, FL, USA

Jun 262014

I see several complaints about a melting dashboard. The dashboard, especially on the passenger side has a softish material that almost melts when parked in outdoor under sun even for few minutes. In such a condition if I touch this part of dashboard it crumbles into pieces. It is almost impossible to always park under roof and this material used seems to be of very low quality. Cost of fixing is unknown.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Oct 012013

The passenger side of my dashboard is melting. It is only occurring on the section closest to the window and for about 12 inches. I have tried to keep the windows open, use heat barriers/shields etc. It is even wet and gooey when the ac is on and I am driving. I have read that the plastics etc that are used in vehicles can emit cancerous odors/vapors/etc when they overheat. Can this issue please be investigated as after reading the complaints this is a robust problem that can affect the safety of many people!

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 302014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

The dashboard of my Mazda is melting. The dashboard is shiny and sticky with a terrible glare. It looks like it is wet, but it is really gooey. I am worried the airbags may deploy prematurely or not at all. The damage to the dashboard is getting worse. I feel this is inferior workmanship and or materials and should be placed under recall.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

May 012014

MAZDA6 4-cyl

My dash is melting on the passenger side. It's about a 10 inch section. It sticky and soft. It rubs off when touched. I've done some research and it appears there are a lot of people experiencing the same thing. I'm sure they will claim it's the armour all but I used that stuff very rarely and if it was something I have applied, it would be melting all over. It has to be a defect on Mazda part. I did email them but haven't heard back yet.

- Breaux Bridge, LA, USA

Apr 302014

I purchased the car at delray Mazda in 2011. I immediately purchased a dashmat to protect the dashboard from cracking or fading. I saw a segment on the news about other owners of Mazda, Nissan and etc. That has a cracking, sticky dashboard as well. I was advised to contact you. My dashboard is sticky underneath the dashmat and in the area of just above the glovebox, the dash is falling off in clumps. It is a black cushiony material that is falling apart and also cracking where the dashmat doesn't reach. The dash is also very sticky as well. I will contact the dealership and Mazda but would like this resolved.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

May 012014

MAZDA6 6-cyl

Melting dashboard on my Mazda 6. I'm very unhappy about this. A recall needs to be made.

- Boca Raton , FL, USA

Jun 132011

MAZDA6 4-cyl

I have a 2009 Mazda 6 S touring with 18000 miles on it and the three screws that hold the drivers door latch assembly on came loose and fell out. These screws should of been locked tightened in place and it seems that all the latch screws on the car were not secured not to work loose....updated 04/18/13

- Stevens, PA, USA

Apr 112010

2009 Mazda isport has gone through two complete sets of brakes, rotors, and pads and it only has 22,000 miles on it. The brake pedal is very inconsistent when applied. Sometimes it goes all the way to the floor and sometimes it only travels a small distance. It's much worse when the dsc is engaged.

- West Warwick, RI, USA